Clinical Medical Assistant
NOTE: APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT CONTAIN A COVER LETTER SPECIFIC TO THIS POSITION AND A RESUME WITH FULL WORK HISTORY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Clinical Medical Assistant - Surgical Practice
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Facilitate vascular clinic flow, encompassing rooming of patients, vital signs and EHR input of pertinent medical data
- Facilitate surgeon to referring MD contact
- Triage patient calls/appointments with help of RN
- Prepare patients/charts for surgeries with help of RN
- Office-based clinical work to include scheduling imaging studies, specialized CT scans, and assisting surgeons in completing home health, physical therapy, and other necessary medical forms
- Flexibility and ability to travel to satellite offices
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the surgeon or NP.
- Record patients' medical history, vital statistics and information such as test results and Meaningful Use measures into the practice’s electronic patient health record.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets and providers' instructions to patients.
- Help surgeons or NPs examine and treat patients, handing them instruments and materials or performing other clinical and administrative tasks.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Contact medical facilities or departments to schedule patients for tests and/or admission.
- Perform general office duties such as answering telephones and completing insurance forms.
- Other duties as assigned and required to support the clinical care and treatment of the patients of the practice.
The position is regular, full-time and non-exempt. The primary work location is the Falls Church office, but support of satellite offices in Alexandria, Manassas, Woodbridge, Warrenton and Leesburg may also be required.
Education & Experience:
2+ years’ experience as a medical assistant in a physician office, hospital or surgery center setting is required. Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) strongly preferred. Experience with cardiology or cardiovascular surgery preferred. Knowledge of Meaningful Use and EHR experience (helpful but not required).
Key Words: CMA, Certified Medical Assistant, medical assistant, clinical medical assistant, cardiology, cardiovascular, cardiovascular surgery, vascular surgery.
Qualified candidates may apply online or...
by fax to 703-232-1764, or
by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
by U.S. mail to
CVTSA Clinical Medical Assistant
1069 W Broad Street, Suite 104
Falls Church, Virginia 22046
Apply for Clinical Medical Assistant
Have a Washington Post Jobs account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.