- Washington D.C.
- Jan 30, 2015
- Mar 06, 2015
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Full Time
Position: Multimedia Officer
Location: Washington, DC
About IFES: As the global leader in democracy promotion, the International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES, www.IFES.org) advances good governance and democratic rights by providing technical assistance to election officials; empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process; and applying field-based research to improve the electoral cycle. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 135 countries, from developing democracies, to mature democracies.
Job Description: Support IFES’ Communications and Advocacy department through production of creative multimedia content. This individual will also maintain IFES’ social media presence. This is a mid-level role that reports directly to the Director of Communications and Advocacy.
- Maintain photo database(s)
- Produce multimedia content in various formats, including, but not limited to: videos, online photo galleries, photo exhibits, webcasts, podcasts, infographics, slide shows and PowerPoints
- Manage video pre and post-production, scripting, camera work, webcasts, podcasts, and photography
- Support audio and visual needs of events, website(s) and publications
- Oversee annual photo contest
- Utilize multimedia products for greater engagement of online audiences
- Manage and maintain IFES’ social media presence
- Manage online editorial calendar to ensure staff are producing targeted, high-quality content for the website and social media platforms
- Proactively identify and pursue story ideas for online platforms
- Manage the editorial process of IFES’ monthly e-newsletter, IFES Voice
- Employ search engine optimization to improve IFES’ online presence and make recommendations on best practices for web writing and editing
- Edit online content
- Provide general administrative support to communications activities as needed
- BFA/BS/BA from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
- 4 year(s) of experience working for a non-profit organization
- Experienced with Microsoft Excel, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Adobe Premier, Photoshop Final Cut Pro X and 7, SoundTrack Pro, and DVD Studio Pro
- Effective communications skills and extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Impeccable writing and editing skills, with working knowledge of Associated Press style
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media and online analytics
- Ability to present concepts verbally
Applying: Applications will be accepted online only, through IFES’ website. To apply, visit our careers page at http://www.ifes.org/careers.html. Then follow the instructions to upload your resume and cover letter (in a single document) and answer prescreening questions.