The Shift Leader is responsible for supporting the Management Team. He or she is also responsible to meet and/or exceed performance goals according to corporate objectives. These objectives include developing and training hourly team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures a pleasant experience for all customers, responds to customer complaints or inquiries.
- Ensures orders meet and exceed customers satisfaction.
- Assists with supervising the day-to-day task assignment and performance of team members.
- Assists with the management of all matters relating to team members training and coaching.
- Assists with planning, preparing and coordinating daily assignments and activities of team members.
- Adheres to all city, county, and state regulations.
- Ensures execution of established safety, security, quality, and store operations policies, procedures and practices.
- Ensures standards on food preparation and handling.
- Completes daily paperwork and other reports.
- Conducts periodic inventories.
- Maintains a clean restaurant at all times.
- Ensures profitability.
- All situations must be avoided that may create a conflict of interest including outside employment in a similar business.
- All duties must be performed in a manner that is free from unlawful harassment.
- The Shift Leader will be able and willing to perform all duties of a typical restaurant team member.
- Possess a positive commitment to customer service.
- Be a leader in following all Company policies and procedures.
- Provides motivation and learning opportunities for fellow team members.
- Assists with effectively implementing solutions to restaurant challenges.
- Displays outstanding work ethics at all times in the areas of honesty, efficiency, professionalism and dependability.
- Displays punctuality and a neat appearance.
- Displays initiative in improving restaurant and personal performance.
- Be knowledgeable of products, pricing and promotions.
- Always demonstrates leadership qualities.
- Must be able to work all shifts including weekends and holidays and will occasionally supervise shifts.
- Must pass the background check and drug free workplace requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- This position requires constant standing, bending, and reaching.
- Ability to perform tasks in all areas of the restaurant which may include exposure to the cold while working in the cooler/freezer and while maintaining the parking lot and exterior of the restaurants perimeter.