American Sign Language Part-time Faculty
This is an opportunity to empower students to change their lives and enrich our community.
Montgomery College has endless possibilities!
Sign Language Part-time Faculty -
The Montgomery College Department of World Languages and Philosophy
is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching
American Sign Language.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs.***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Managements sole discretion.
- During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH
(equivalent semester hour) per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
- During summer part-time
faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions combined.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to teaching, part-time faculty members hold office hours, check and respond to email on their Montgomery College account, and attend department meetings and trainings when necessary.
- Masters degree in American Sign Language or a related discipline
- Experience teaching ASL at the beginning and intermediate levels
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- College-level teaching experience
· The application process includes 10 steps.
· Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
· Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
· Complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4);
· E-sign your application (Step 9)
As a condition of employment, the following are required
at the time of hire:
· Completion of a background check.
· Submission of an official transcript of relevant degree
· Submission of three letters of professional reference
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.