Senior Project Coordinator
Potomac Communications Group (PCG), a mid-sized, full-service public relations and communications agency, is looking to expand its team with the addition of an energetic Senior Project Coordinator to support client work related to its corporate and energy practice.
Responsibilities will include research, media relations, writing, event coordination and implementation of strategic communications plans. Candidates should have at least two years of experience in public relations or communications, be energetic, ambitious, a good team player and committed to high quality. In addition, candidates should have knowledge and experience with:
- Media Engagement: Previous experience developing media lists, pitching media and assisting in the development of media plans
- Writing: Knowledge of AP Style; ability to write press releases, media pitches, op-eds, bylined articles and online content
- Research: Ability to research complex topics in support of communications planning
- Event Support: Understanding of logistics requirements to support events such as press conferences, annual meetings, etc…
Experience dealing with issues in energy, infrastructure, science or technology is considered a plus.
A Sr. Project Coordinator will typically work with four-to-six client teams on a wide variety of projects. Sample projects include implementing components of a media engagement plan, research important policy trends for white paper drafting, developing Facebook and Twitter posts, working with our in-house graphics department or drafting articles or press releases for clients.This position will report to several team leads depending on the client and should be able to manage directions from multiple PCG leaders in a flat organizational structure.
Recent graduates should not apply. We offer a cooperative team environment, excellent benefits, high bonus potential, great staff and a loyal client base. Send resume and two writing samples.
More searches like this
- Analyst Public Policy / Public Affairs jobs in Washington D.C.
- Communications Public Policy / Public Affairs jobs in Washington D.C.
- Editor, Journalist and Freelance Writer Public Policy / Public Affairs jobs in Washington D.C.
- Project Manager and PMP Public Policy / Public Affairs jobs in Washington D.C.
- Marketing and Public Relations Public Policy / Public Affairs jobs in Washington D.C.