Customer Service Representative
Blimpie, a leader in the hoagie sandwich shop market, first opened its doors in 1964 in Hoboken, New Jersey. The original site was called “Blimpie Base” and sits in the same location today. The original owners, Tony Conza, Peter DeCarlo, and Angelo Bandassare, met in high school and patterned the first location after a successful Point Pleasant, New Jersey, submarine sandwich business. They sold their first franchise during the first year of operation to a New York friend for $600. Bandassare left the company in 1965, and Conza and DeCarlo began to expand Blimpie the same year.
Today, Blimpie operates as a division of parent company Kahala Corp. along with Cereality, Cold Stone Creamery, Frullati Café and Bakery, and several other restaurants. Blimpie operates thousands of worldwide locations with restaurants in 47 U.S states and 15 other countries. Most Blimpie stores operate as franchises, and Kahala retains only a few company-owned stores. Blimpie shops often appear in nontraditional restaurant locations, like inside gasoline stations and convenience stores, schools, office complexes, and sports arenas.
Whether you love hoagies, submarines, grinders, and all things sandwiches or simply want a second job to help pay for college, Blimpie may have the perfect career for you. Blimpie is often hiring entry-level workers and professional foodservice employees all the time. Blimpie applicants must be at least 16 years of age and legally able to work to receive employment consideration. Apply online to wrap your hands around the fresh-baked career of your dreams.
- Cleans and stocks customer eating area(s), work stations, and equipment
- Greets all customers with a smile and friendly greeting and follows all HMSHost customer service policies and procedures
- Maintains a solid knowledge of product and services available in unit
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or cart
- Assists with a variety of kitchen-related functions as needed
- Receive, inventory, move and lift food and beverage products and supplies
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner Ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Customer service and cash handling experience preferred