Reports To: Vice President of Operations
Direct Reports: Associate Managers and Hourly Partners
Hungry for a great opportunity?
The General Manager is responsible for providing leadership to the associate managers and hourly partners. This position oversees the management of the restaurant operations for a specific NEWK’s location. They are responsible for achieving planned sales and budgeted profit levels for the restaurant through the implementation, management, and upholding of all NEWK’s policies, procedures, programs, and operational excellence performance standards.
The General Manager provides direction and motivation to the associate management team and hourly partners to ensure effective execution of all restaurant positions, and the delegation/completion of chores and responsibilities of the positions, in order to provide our guests with an exceptional NEWK’s Experience and exceptional product quality. This is the key position within the restaurant to ensure operational excellence is maintained, including a sanitary, safe, respectful, efficient and quality work environment while effectively managing operational/product costs.
- Assists the restaurant team to achieve planned profit levels while providing our guests with an exceptional NEWK’S Experience
- Assists in the development, performance management and training of hourly partners. Ensures that all NEWK’s Experience standards and operational systems are executed properly in a sanitary, clean, safe, and friendly environment, according to all NEWK’s established procedures.
- Ensures that all menu items are prepared, accurately portioned, and presented properly in a sanitary, clean and safe manner according to all established procedures, standards and specifications.
- Ensures the restaurant’s compliance to productivity and service standards by assisting to develop and maintain a sufficient number of trainers, shift leads and well-trained, productive employees.
- Build sales by focusing the staff on image and NEWK’s Experience service standards and actions to enhance the guest’s perception of the restaurant.
- Ensures proper management of the facility and equipment through preventive maintenance, energy conservation, repairs, security measures, and adherence to safety and sanitation requirements.
- Required, under certain circumstances, to perform/assist all stations/functions for all positions in the restaurant.
- Conducts employment activities to include staffing (hire/separation responsibilities), scheduling, training, and conducting performance reviews with all hourly partners, as well as recommending salary increases and issuing corrective actions.
- Ensures accurate financial reporting to include: payroll, cash and receipts, house accounts and other invoicing procedures, productivity and operating expenses.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve exceptional NEWK’s guest experience
- Responsible for all communication with regard to system breakdowns deficiencies. Attends weekly restaurant manager meetings and other scheduled meetings; may be asked to present information, as requested.
- Responsible for meeting established objectives during periods of his/her supervision in the General Manager’s absence.
- Extensive standing without breaks.
- Exposure to heat, smoke and cold.
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depths of approximately