Physics, Engineering or Geosciences Part-time Faculty
This is an opportunity to empower students to change their lives and enrich our community.
Montgomery College has endless possibilities!
The Montgomery College, Department of Physics, Engineering & Geosciences,
is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching Astronomy, Meteorology, Physical Sciences, Physics and Engineering. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs.
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Managements sole discretion.
- During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH
(equivalent semester hour) per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
- During summer part-time
faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions combined.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The faculty member will be primarily responsible for teaching courses in the above subjects.
- Faculty members are expected to hold office hours, attend required meetings and will have the opportunity to participate in professional development activities.
- Masters degree in teaching area.
- College level teaching experience.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- Doctorate degree in teaching area.
- Demonstrated excellence in classroom instruction using a variety of teaching
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated currency in the discipline.
- Experience in working with students of culturally diverse backgrounds and/or underprepared students.
- Understanding of and commitment to the community college mission.
- Experience in distance delivery and other instructional methods.
- Create the Montgomery College online employment profile/application.
- After you complete your profile, please be sure you have applied to this position.
- The application process includes 10 steps.
- Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
- Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- Complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4);
- E-sign your application (Step 9)
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Completion of a background check.
- Submission of an official transcript of an earned degree
- Submission of three letters of professional reference
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to:
at least two weeks
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.