Manager, Charity Services
Manager, Charity Services
Department: Marketing & Campaign Engagement
Reports to: Vice President, Marketing & Campaign Engagement
Global Impacts Charity Services team provides service to the members of our charity alliance that currently contains over 100 charities and growing. The Manager of Charity Services is responsible for the strategic oversight and day-to-day management of staff and business processes related to charity certification and vetting, charity registration in workplace giving campaigns, state registration services, and the technology platforms that facilitate these business processes and services. This role works closely with multiple teams across the organization, including the Executive Team, to collaborate on the retention of charity partnerships. The Manager also provides overall relationship management for a portfolio of assigned charities. This role is both internal and external facing and seeks to retain, strengthen and grow Global Impacts alliance of charity partners.
- Develop and manage a small support team to implement the business objectives aligned with our charity partnerships.
- Provide superior customer service to charity alliance members in day-to-day operations.
- Manage and oversee the annual certification, campaign application, and state registration processes. Ensures the processes are followed and deadlines are met with accuracy.
- Create and maintain monthly calendar of deadlines for charity applications, state registration, and charity certification.
- Support key internal players with the strategic development and management of charity relationships.
- Support and manage institutional relationships with select charity partner organizations.
- Manage internal and external customer needs as they relate to charity information and services.
- Manage the dissemination of a complete database of charity partner information, including charity contact information, general program services information and program information related to disaster specific initiatives.
- Provide consistent and transparent reporting to all charity partner organizations on an annual basis.
- Maintain and understand policies and procedures/ regulatory requirements for workplace giving campaigns; and ensures team has understanding.
- Provide governance for charity alliance portal, charity partnerships libraries, charity-related reporting mechanisms in Salesforce, and other technology platforms that support the business objectives of the charity partnerships team.
- Collaborate with the VP of Marketing and Campaign Engagement in the development and implementation of charity outreach strategies.
- Implement information security and records retention with regards to annual certification, campaign applications, charity partner information and state registration on an annual basis.
- Collaborate with Vice President, Marketing & Campaign Engagement to identify and plan events that promote staff connection to mission and purpose, such as arranging charity speakers, creating brown bag sessions on varying international relief and development topics, etc.
- Manage and maintain internal relationships across other teams to effectively meet the needs of all lines of business, particularly workplace giving.
Provide support to the Vice President, Marketing & Campaign Engagement through special projects/assignments, as needed.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Three to five years demonstrated successful experience in non-profit arena with supervisory and operational management preferred.
- Understanding of regulatory environment and processes for registering and certifying charities for funding in workplace giving campaigns, preferred.
- Strong relationship development, customer service and staff management skills.
- Strong project management skills, CAPM or PMP preferred.
- Strong analytical, oral and written communications skills.
- Strong self-motivation, willingness to take initiative, and ability to work independently.
- Strong people management skills and the ability to assess resource allocation and overall performance and make adjustments based on the needs of the organization and the team.
- Ability to analyze, plan, organize and implement programs and projects.
- Detail oriented with a comprehensive understanding of operational compliance.
- Willingness to pursue professional development to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Adaptability, scalability, and efficiency.
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams and independently.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume along with salary expectations.
Salary from $55k-$65k, commensurate with experience. Global Impact has an excellent benefits package.