Manager, Corporate Relations
United Way Worldwide envisions a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives. United Way advances the common good by recruiting people and organizations who bring the passion, expertise and resources needed to get things done. United Way's global mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities to advance the common good. We invite you to be a part of the change to Live United.
As the Manager, Corporate Relations you will be responsible for the overall execution of relationship management of companies within the Corporate Relations team of the Investor Relations department. Provide major corporate customers the key resources, information, guidance and professional expertise to continuously improve their company-wide involvement so both organizations can substantially impact community in the US and globally. Partner with local United Ways to determine strategies and techniques with the appropriate information to help insure our corporate customers achieve the desired results and to provide necessary information and data to those United Ways to help them achieve their community goals. Travel is required.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION:
1. Identify opportunities for corporate strategic and philanthropic global interests to be served through United Way.
2. Provide the necessary assistance and support to select national and global corporations designed to increase United Way and community impact.
3. Deliver on-site and virtual consultative support to fulfill our value proposition with external stakeholders and communities.
4. Partner with select local United Ways who have a large number of F500 companies to deepen relationships and grow revenue.
5. Determine work tactics, project deliverables and resource requirements.
6. Participate in the development of company specific account plans, work processes and systems.
7. Accountable for annual sales objectives.
8. Communicate corporate policy and United Way program information to individual United Ways.
9. Track progress, next steps, contacts and other vital information using the SalesForce CRM tool.
10. Other duties as assigned.
United Way Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted. Thank you.
At least three years of advanced-level experience in a similar role. Previous experienced with multiple United Ways and/or related and relevant corporate experience strongly preferred. Well organized, reliable, accomplished and dedicated fundraising and marketing professional with solid background in managing resources and personnel that has a proven record of success. Core competencies in account management, problem solving, strategic planning, process improvement, software applications, business development, strong writing and presentation skills. Proven customer and consumer relations are a must. Able to effectively communicate and work with senior corporate leaders, non-profit professionals and other constituencies. PREFERRED: This highly visible position is critical to the organizations overall success, therefore numerous qualifications must be considered. The individual should be experienced in the workings of a full service United Way (s) with an in depth knowledge of customer relationship management within Fortune 500 companies and or sales experience. International experience is a plus as well as a complete understanding of corporate social responsibility a plus. Able to quickly grasp concepts and principles while performing and completing multiple tasks with multiple constituencies in a timely and highly professional manner. Experience in managing an offsite team, being flexible, focused and willing to work to achieve the bottom line. Creative in thought, able to work independently and with minimum supervision. This skilled negotiator will have proven successes in the areas of customer service, sales and corporate relations. Travel is required.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA and we offer free parking and competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, 403b plan, paid time off, family sick leave and more. Thank you.