Project Manager, Consultant
Location: Rockville, MD
Cluster/Team: Office of Business Excellence
Coach: Office of Business Excellence Director
Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $75,335-$83,706
FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt
The Project Manager in the Office of Business Excellence (OBE) plays a pivotal role in the facilitation, support, and execution of project management and process improvement activities. The Project Manager is responsible for supporting ASHA employees with tools, templates, and techniques related to project management and process improvement in order to advance the culture of business excellence and effectively execute best-in-class business practices. The incumbent will offer project management and process improvement services to ASHA's National Office staff, volunteer leadership, and constituents.
- Provide project management expertise and support to ASHA departments and ASHA senior leadership, volunteer leaders, members, and other constituents as needed.
- Demonstrate initiative and planning in project management activities that promote ASHA priorities and help develop effective ways to advance them.
- Conduct full life-cycle project management on selected projects, including project status and communication, milestone tracking, issue management, and change management.
- Support staff and act as a facilitator in processes, procedures, and policies to effectively manage projects and processes.
- Document processes and identify areas of continuous improvement for ASHA's project management initiatives.
- Provide training and coaching on project management and process improvement topics.
- Integrate/apply quality management and change management techniques to projects.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Successful completion of a bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5-7 years work experience in project management
- Experience in providing project management training and consultation
- Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP)® preferred
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Proficient in project management tracking software
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Visio)
- Knowledge of a formal project management methodology, such as the PMBOK (preferred)
- Proficient in project estimating and project budgets
- Expert knowledge in quality management, risk management, and change management
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Strong oral communication skills; adept at gathering and summarizing information quickly, completely, accurately, and clearly
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience as a skilled facilitator
- Acts as a team player
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to create and collaborate on compelling and appropriate verbal and visual presentations