The Associate Director will be responsible for day-to-day operations of the Initiative. At the discretion of the Executive Director, the Associate Director will represent the Initiative in key areas and on key issues. The professionalism exemplified by this position will directly impact the Initiative, MSB's and University's reputation with constituents from outside the University community, as well as inside.
· Manage daily operations of GSEI.
· Write partnership proposals and contracts including strategy elements, partnership components, project budget.
· As required recruit, manage, and serve as back up to project directors supporting partner projects.
· Assist in crafting strategic and operational plans
· Write contracts, liaise with general counsel's office, and grantmaking/partner organizations to finalize agreements, and help to resolve any issues raised, or escalate to executive director to be addressed.
· Oversee budget and expenditures working with GSEI Coordinator and MSB budget offices
· Direct communications strategy. Work with student grad assistant, GSEI Coordinator to ensure stories are being drafted, review and approve, review e-newsletter; ensure web content is fresh and relevant. Coordinate and collaborate with MSB and when necessary, university communications departments to get media support for GSEI press releases, news stories. - Direct GSEI and partnership marketing material development.
· Manage GSEI Graduate Assistants and Student Leaders. Recruit Student Leaders, manage assignments, create agendas for bi-weekly team meetings, meet with student project leaders one-on-one as necessary.
· Oversee Executive-in-Residence program execution. On-board EIRs, ensure with Coordinator that EIR has meaningful engagement with students and others in GSEI, MSB, and Georgetown Community.
· Serve as Project Manager with GSEI partner crafting and executing on strategy and deliverables.
· 7-10 years professional experience in management, PR/Public Affairs, Communications, international business, or related field, with minimum B.A./B.S.
· Strong project and people management skills.
· Excellent writing and communications skills with ability to write strategy documents, reports, short articles, executive briefs, and strong proofreading.
· Strong PowerPoint skills. Prezi or other similar presentation development a plus.
· Strong knowledge and use of social media.
· Experience creating and managing budgets.
· Diplomatic, yet a strong problem solver.
· Proactive, can think ahead.
· Thinks strategically, yet can execute tactically.
Please apply to: https://hr.georgetown.edu/hoya_staffing/prospective_employees.html
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.