SCADA Design Analyst
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Senior SCADA Program Manager, this position executes the development, deployment, coordination, and management of pre and post contractual services to enhance, modify, and maintain the Authoritys SCADA Systems. Position also develops and/or implements SCADA programs; maintains the computer and communications systems to facilitate process dependability, security, optimization and continuous improvement; and supports users of the Authoritys SCADA systems. This position works independently on small to mid-size SCADA projects and receives guidance and direction on large scale projects.
Postion Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions
· Facilitates and provides assistance with development, implementation and maintenance of a Service Authority-wide SCADA system.
· Provides input on contractor scopes of work for all SCADA related projects, to include the technology, communications and systems design and implementation plans.
· Serves as Team Member for SCADA upgrades, installations, and enhancements. This role requires developing, reviewing and/or approving requests for proposals (RFPs), statements of work (SOW), project deliverables, process and instrumentation diagrams, control wiring schematics, control strategies, acceptance testing, and QA/QC.
· Develops, deploys, modifies, and troubleshoots SCADA systems and programs the systems to support utility operations and maintenance.
· Provides programming and system configuration direction and support to third party contractors that install instrumentation & control equipment. This includes providing direction on achieving process control goals; assisting with programming the controls for new and existing facilities; making modifications as needed; and troubleshooting control problems.
· Provides technical support to field staff for programming and troubleshooting of embedded PLCs in process control equipment to ensure proper operation and interaction with the SCADA system. This includes researching and selecting instrumentation, developing control wiring schematics, updating drawings in AutoCAD, and developing control strategies.
· Provides support for the SCADA network including set-up, programming and debugging of the Ethernet and related communications networks.
· Assists computer users in solving hardware, software and alarm problems to assure continuous system functionality. Provides on-call support for emergency response troubleshooting and correcting SCADA system and alarm problems. Makes service calls during off-hours as required.
For the complete job description and to apply online, please visit www.pwcsa.org/careers