Manager, Chief HR Executive (CHRE) Engagement
The Manager, CHRE Engagement will assist SHRM’s effort to better engage the HR Senior Segment professional. The Senior Segment Initiative will include recruitment, engagement and retention of CHRE members for both the network of Senior CHREs and SHRM’s affiliate, HR People & Strategy (HRPS) Membership. This role will plan, administer and oversee the fostering and promoting of engagement opportunities for CHREs such as the promotion of SHRM’s products and services, membership, training and educational programs, networking and speaking opportunities, along with other Senior HR membership segments. Establish relationships and business opportunities for CHREs by partnering with SHRM’s departments and affiliates for successful integration. This role will report to the Chief Human Resource and Strategy Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Establish and ensure that strategic plan objectives and goals of the Senior HR Segment engagement strategic initiative (primarily emphasizing CHREs) are achieved within the timelines and budget established for the program.
· Develop and implement marketing and communication plans to recruit and retain CHRE members and Senior HR leaders. This includes CHRE network conversion to SHRM/HRPS professional membership. Work with Membership Marketing to develop and manage CHRE recruitment.
· Collaborate with internal departments in the development and execution of a quarterly CHRE e-magazine or newsletter. Contribute ideas, write and/or solicit articles for publication.
· Serve as a resource and advisor to CHRE professional members and other senior HR leaders. Provide consultative approach to addressing CHREs’ concerns and interests.
· Assist SHRM/HRPS in engagement opportunities (ongoing and episodic) for CHRE segment by developing ways for them to connect such as in-person and virtual networks, discussion groups, etc. Create innovative ways to engage CHRE members and other HR leaders.
· Participate in meetings that drive and support the CHRE engagement strategy, represent SHRM’s perspective, summarize actions to be taken, monitor status and ensure timely follow-up.
· Prepare drafts of presentations and formal communications that may be directed to CHREs.
· Manage proactive and timely communications with all members of the organization.
· Develop and facilitate effective delivery of SHRM/HRPS programs and events designed exclusively for CHREs. Partner closely with SHRM/HRPS departments and affiliates with operational responsibility for these programs to ensure a successful event.
· Monitor budget and reconcile expenses associated with CHRE engagement program / activities.
· Manage relationships with contractors, sponsors, and strategic partners to coordinate activities across organizations, comply with contractual agreements, ensure quality of deliverables, and oversee payments/funding.
· Prepare and present timely reporting on engagement related activities to SHRM’s CHRO and Executive Team.
· Maintain constant awareness and knowledge of global business trends that impact CHREs and their key stakeholders. Connect CHREs to resources (e.g., knowledge experts, articles, research) both within and outside SHRM/HRPS to be a trusted resource for this senior group.
· Lead day to day research, data gathering and analysis for CHRE Engagement Project.
· Through effective account management practices, provide superior customer service by responding to all inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
· Continually evaluate the strategy and performance of the programs, activities and events.
· Support the overall goals of the CHRE strategy by performing duties as assigned.
This position may supervise an administrative position. Must effectively manage relationships when leading departmental or organizational teams.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Bachelors required, advanced degree, such as a MBA, MS, or Ph.D. preferred.
· Five to seven years of progressively more responsible experience in a professional position required.
· Practical experience in one or more of the following areas:
o Strategic Planning
o Project management
o Human Resources
o Public relations
o Business development, marketing, or sales
· Exceptional written communications, verbal and presentation skills. Experience in writing articles, newsletters, on-line web content and ability to use social media platforms.
· Ability to lead and collaborate in team environment.
· Flexibility in managing ambiguity and uncertainty.
· Effective decision making skills.
· Ability to multi-task and work independently, efficiently under deadlines.
· Excellent, articulate, personable and diplomatic customer service skills.
· Possess a positive team-player attitude.
· Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and various social media tools.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Previous experience in CRM, association or data management software preferred.
· Proficient in project management skills.
· Possess acute attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
· Previous experience planning meetings/conferences/events for senior-level attendees preferred.
· Proficient in contractor management and negotiating with outside stakeholders.
· Ability to demonstrate polished executive presence.
This position may travel up to 30% of the time (global travel).
To Apply: www.shrm.jobs
The Society for Human Resource Management is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V).
No relocation authorized for this position.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or TDD (703) 548-6990.
More jobs like this
- Manager (Manager / Supervisor of Staff) Consulting Consulting / Strategy jobs in Sales
- Manager (Manager / Supervisor of Staff) Consulting Human Resources jobs in Sales
- Manager (Manager / Supervisor of Staff) Consulting Management jobs in Sales
- Manager (Manager / Supervisor of Staff) Consulting Project Management jobs in Sales
- Manager (Manager / Supervisor of Staff) Consulting jobs in Sales