IT Operations Manager
Armed Forces Benefit Association (AFBA) was established in 1947 with the support of the General of the Army Dwight D. Eisenhower to ease the strain on military members and their families during wartime. For over sixty-five years, AFBA has stood by our country's armed forces. AFBA provides life insurance in both war and peace to those who serve this great nation including military, first responders and government employees. AFBA related enterprises include 5Star life Insurance Company, the principal underwriter of AFBA's group life insurance programs as well as individual life insurance products.
The IT Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of AFBAs IT production operations. The Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing production applications and infrastructure, supervising the operations team, and ensuring efficient operation of the companys production applications jobs, network, client and application servers, databases, and telecommunications equipment. This includes managing the IT staff responsible for monitoring and diagnosing production, network and hardware problems. The Manager will also work closely with the IT executive staff and decision makers in other departments in order to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
· Lead IT department operational planning and projects, and organize and negotiate the allocation of IT resources.
· Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems.
· Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
· Ensure the efficient utilization of IT resources including personnel and equipment across the organization.
· Oversee all reports and documentation related to production operations systems operations.
· Develop maintenance schedules for network and systems equipment.
· Implement best practices and procedures for asset management of IT hardware, software, and equipment.
· Manage operations staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
· Conduct system feasibility studies and testing.
· Analyze existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the network infrastructure and IT systems.
· Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
· Approve purchase of equipment and supplies in order to meet operational requirements of the business.
· Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organizations executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
· Manage, and when necessary, perform hands-on daily operations, including updates, running jobs, print reports etc.
· Conduct research and remain current with the latest technologies and solutions in support of procurement efforts.
· Oversee operations-related projects and project portfolio.
· Develop and implement all functional policies and procedures, including those for standards, purchasing, and service provision.
· Assist in the provisioning of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
· University degree in the field of computer science or information systems and a minimum of 7 years related work experience.
· Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, and current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
· Extensive application support experience with enterprise applications.
· Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
· Excellent understanding of the organizations goals and objectives.
· In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
· Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
· Strong understanding of project management principles.
· Strong leadership skills and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
· Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Exceptional customer service orientation.
· A team player with extensive experience working in a collaborative environment.
More jobs like this
- Manager (Manager / Supervisor of Staff) Technology and Software jobs in Help Desk Technician
- Manager (Manager / Supervisor of Staff) Technology and Software Operations / Logistics jobs in Help Desk Technician
- Manager (Manager / Supervisor of Staff) Technology and Software IT jobs in Help Desk Technician