Chief Operations Officer
CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER
The Office of the People's Counsel is an independent agency of the District of Columbia government. By law, it is the advocate for consumers of natural gas, electric and telephone services in the District. District of Columbia law designates the Office as a party to all utility-related proceedings before the Public Service Commission. The Office also represents the interests of District ratepayers before Federal regulatory agencies. The Office is authorized to investigate the operation and valuation of all utility companies independently of any pending proceeding.
Reporting to Peoples Counsel and serving as an integral member of the management team, the Chief Operations Officer (COO) will be responsible for the financial, operating programs and business services of the Office of Peoples Counsel. In addition to the financial components, the COO will be charged with enhancing the internal organizational processes and infrastructure that will allow the office of the Peoples Counsel to continue to grow and fulfill its mission. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a mission driven agency.
· Serves as a member of the management team and as a policy advisor on operations and administrative matters to the Peoples Counsel
· Directs financial operations including planning, coordinating and executing the annual budget process
· Serves as liaison to and coordinator with the Office of the Chief Financial Officers staff assigned to OPC (OCFO-OPC). In conjunction with the CFO-OPC manages appropriated budget
· Oversee, direct and organize the work for Operations Division including, budget, finance, contract and procurement
· Bachelors degree from an accredited four (4) year college, graduate degree preferred
· Ten (10) years experience in operational/administrative management
· Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis with a thorough understanding of business functions and systems
· Demonstrated ability to operate as an effective tactical leader as well as strategic thinker
· Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
· Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to interface with government officials
To apply, please visit our website at http://www.opc-dc.gov