Monitoring and Evaluation Officer -- IBP
The International Budget Partnership is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to be part of its Learning Team. The International Budget Partnership (IBP), which is based at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, collaborates with the civil society around the world to analyze and influence budgets in order to reduce poverty and improve the quality of governance.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will lead in the process of refining IBPs current M&E framework, develop protocols and mechanisms required to implement the framework, and work closely with the different program units of IBP to implement and benefit from the M&E framework and system.
The successful candidate will be based in either Washington DC in the US, or in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Further develop and refine the M&E framework on the basis of IBPs theory of change
- In collaboration with Program Managers, lead the processes for arriving at institution-wide definitions of the key indicators used in the current M&E framework
- Design and manage M&E database
- Develop and implement the protocols and mechanisms for the collection, storage, and use of data against indicators used in the M&E framework
- Develop appropriate processes to ensure that M&E information is accessible to and maximized by IBP programs
- Support the generation of IBP reports, including its Annual Report
- Assist and engage in development of a strategy and plan to link M&E with IBPs learning program
- Assist and engage in other Learning Program activities
Qualifications and requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement M&E systems, including the interpretation of and writing about performance data
- Demonstrated ability to grasp and communicate complex policy ideas and the goals of IBPs work in clear, accessible, and compelling ways
- Strong skills in identifying potential problems and generating alternative courses of action
- Exceptional writing, speaking, and analytic skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively
- Very high level of organization, and a strong ability to prioritize tasks to meet multiple deadlines
- Intermediate Microsoft Office user, with high proficiency in Excel
- At least a Bachelor degree in a related field
- 3-5 years experience developing and working with M&E systems in the governance/open government field, and working with and reporting on logical frameworks and other similar program planning tools used by different donor institutions.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; excellent benefits, including two health and dental insurance options, life and long-term disability insurance, retirement, flexible spending accounts and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules.
To apply: Send a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com. Please indicate Monitoring and Evaluation Officer" in the subject area. Applications will be accepted until Monday 25 August 2014. PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS.
The Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.