Director of Technology
Title: Director of Technology
Location: Washington, DC
Fierce Markets is seeking a Director of Technology for its Washington, DC office. This role will take a leadership role in driving technology initiatives to that enable FierceMarkets to serve its customers and grow its business through coordination of internal and external teams. Current initiatives include migration to Drupal 8 and identification and migration to a new subscriber database, lead generation and marketing automation platform.
The successful candidate will have hands-on experience in product development, vendor management and product operations and be expert in Drupal, PHP, MySQL and integration with third-party APIs.
· 7+ years web development experience
· Technology product development and platform operations
· Vendor management
· 2+ years Drupal development experience
· Drupal 7, Drupal 6, Drupal contrib modules, Drupal Core API
· PHP on LAMP
· SQL and MySQL, MySQL tools and CLI
· HTML & CSS
· Linux admin
· Integration of third-party applications via API
· Git/Github and source code management
· Agile development methodologies
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Preferred Skills (nice to have)
· Drupal 8
· Drupal upgrade and migration
· Continuous integration (CI) tools, Jenkins preferred
· MVC frameworks for PHP such as Laravel, Symphony
· Behavior Driven Development / Test Driven Development (BDD/TDD), unit test and test automation
· Development lead experience
Duties and Responsibilities
· Work with product management and internal/external customers to provide the technical inputs into the product roadmap
· Release reliable software when promised
· Oversee operations of a reliable and cost-effective technology platform
· Manage an effective team of internal and external resources
· Maintain a reasonable work/life mix for the team
· Drive the transition of Drupal 6/7 sites to Drupal 8 through an external system integrator
· Manage external vendors that provide services or software that support external publishing operations and internal staff including hosting, software as a service like Adobe Cloud and the help desk vendor, Capitol Computers.
The ideal candidate would have:
· Publishing experience
· Strong commitment to working collaboratively across departments
· Commitment to creating a workplace thats fun for team members
· Ability to adapt rapidly changing business objectives and technology landscape
FierceMarkets is a fast-growing and profitable online B2B media company located in downtown Washington, DC. We are a division of Questex Media which looks to us demonstrate leadership in the digital publishing. Questex is making significant investments in our technology platforms across the board. Guiding that evolution will be a great challenge for a technology leader.
Please send a cover letter and resume.
Learn more about FierceMarkets at http://www.fiercemarkets.com.