Manager, Software Engineering
The Software Engineering Manager position will be responsible for supervising a team of software engineers who are responsible for the core delivery of quality software releases. This position will play a leadership role in the dynamic initiative to design, develop, and support the suite of applications for the Long Term Care industry. The Software Engineering Manager will supervise a team of software engineers who are responsible for core delivery of quality software releases and provide support and guidance to strengthen the customer support and customer software implementation teams. This position will also have the responsibility of managing the offshore development staff that is part of the team as well as being involved in the hands-on development of the products.
Principal Job Functions
· Supervision and mentoring of software engineering team members, including both employees and contractors.
· Participate in development tasks including but not limited to technical design, coding and unit testing to achieve produce release goals.
· Work with other groups such as Quality Assurance and Product Management to ensure successful product delivery as well as to scope product releases.
· Assist Customer Support with troubleshooting customer reported problems.
· Provide technical guidance to product development team members and related services organizations.
· Timely and accurate reporting to senior management.
· Meet with customers as needed to review requirements and understand business process in support of product functionality.
· Participates in pre-sales process in preparing and statements of work.
· Provide on-going feedback regarding performance of all engineering team members.
· Ensure sound design engineering design, coding, process and quality practices are followed.
· Participate in the training and/or mentoring programs as assigned or required.
· Adhere's to the Mediware Values and supports a positive companys culture.
· Responds to the needs and requests of clients and Mediware management and staff in a professional and expedient manner.
Required Education and/or Experience
· BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred, or 7+ years of software development experience and 5+ years of proven software engineering management experience.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing, mentoring, and developing high performing software engineering teams.
· Documented experience designing and implementing Enterprise .NET Web Applications.
· Technology background with a familiarity in architectural, object-oriented and software design patterns.
· Clear and experienced understanding of software development life cycle procedures and processes.
· Experience in tracking and execution of software releases using Microsoft Project.
· Ability to interface with customers to document and review requirements and implementation plans.
· Clear and experienced understanding of Software Quality Assurance process.
· Excellent leadership, employee development and coaching skills
· Excellent communication skills - both oral and written communication
· Strong computer skills (MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Excellent troubleshooting, listening and problem-solving skills
· Able to work in a fast paced deadline oriented environment
· Customer focused
· Works well in a team environment
· Takes initiative
· High Integrity
Experience desired but not required:
· Electronic Data Interchange (EDI X12)
· Model-View-View Model design patterns
· Agile Development Methodologies
· Single Sign On techniques
· SaaS application development
· Microsoft SharePoint
To learn more and/or apply for this position, please go to: https://mediware.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.asp?Req=14-506