Lead Network Engineer
The Lead Network Engineers role is to participate as a lead member of the Mediware SaaS hosting and infrastructure team. This position works as part of a team responsible for a) network operations, maintenance, and monitoring-ensuring the stability, security and integrity of the hosting operation; b) deployment of Mediware products and solutions in the SaaS environment; and c) infrastructure capacity planning. Under the direction of the Director of Infrastructure & Hosting, the Lead Network Engineer will collaborate across internal departments such as Customer Support, Product Development, and Product Management to ensure successful deployment and maintenance of SaaS products and solutions.
· Design, implement and maintain the 24x7 SaaS/internal networks to ensure maximum uptime, and optimal performance. This includes workstations, and network equipment, including server hardware configuration, firmware upgrades, security and operating system patches, software, telephone equipment, and communication links other software maintenance such as spam filtering, antivirus software, including installation, network performance monitoring, maintenance, support and timely problem resolution.
· Analyze capacity and performance of SaaS environment using hardware/network/End User Experience monitoring tools. Maintain optimal performance and assuring scalability.
· Participate in the Production Change Management process. As necessary, develop/review/document/approve technical plan for production changes and communicate customer impact (if applicable).
· Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, asset management network administration, associated processes, policies, including business continuity and disaster recovery. Follow ITIL standards as closely as possible.
· Configuration, administration, and security management of Windows/IIS/SharePoint and Mediware product deployment/maintenance administrative tasks.
· Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
· Maintenance of backup processes and jobs using CommVault Simpana 9. Serve as backup CommVault administrator.
· Conduct research/evaluations on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
· Configure and manage Storage Area Network (SAN) infrastructure in the co-location environment, including fiber network, ISCSI, HP and Pure SANs.
· Participate in the training and/or mentoring programs as assigned or required.
· Adhere's to the Mediware Values and supports a positive companys culture
· Responds to the needs and requests of clients and Mediware management and staff in a professional and expedient manner.
· Other Duties As Assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
· BS degree in software engineering, computer science or related field, OR 5 years experience in network engineering in lieu of degree
· 3+ years Significant Active Directory experience preferred
· 3+ years IIS 7.5 experience preferred
· 3+ years Windows 2008 R2 experience preferred
· 2-3 years demonstrated and proven leadership skills in a team or project environment
· MSCE desired
· Experience with Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 networks, DNS, Active Directory, Exchange Server, SharePoint, firewalls
· Basic database administration skills with Microsoft SQL 2005/08 (installation, configuration, basic scripts, backup)
· PowerShell experience preferred
· Excellent PC skills in MS Office products, including Visio
· Self-motivated, self-starter
· Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
· Keen attention to detail
· Able to work in a fast paced deadline oriented environment, prioritizing and executing most important tasks
· Customer focused
· Works well in a team environment
· Knowledgeable of HIPAA and other related regulatory requirements for Healthcare IT preferred
To apply for this position, please go to: https://mediware.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.asp?Req=14-483