The primary focus of the Staff Accountant will be in the financial reporting function of the organization. The ideal candidate will have experience performing various accounting tasks including but not limited to account reconciliation, journal entry processing, analysis of accounting transactions and completion of correcting entries.
· Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
· Prepare and review internal billings
· Prepare monthly trend Review
· Perform monthly closing responsibilities, including preparing and reviewing journal vouchers
· Reconcile accounting and donation systems
· Ensure the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data.
· Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field from an accredited college/ university required.
· 2-5 years of general accounting experience is required
· Experience in financial accounting software
· Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access)
· Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles and practices, office practices, procedures, methods and equipment
· Thorough understanding of automated general ledger systems including the interfaces between the general ledger and subsystems
· Excellent customer service skills
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
· Highly motivated, detail oriented, good communication skills (written and verbal), and ability to work in a team environment