Health Communication Manager 1
Health Communication Manager 1
Are you a public health, communications, media, or information technology professional? Do you have a passion for improving lives through public health? IQ Solutions is growing, and were looking for rising stars who are committed to providing excellent customer service, staying abreast of the latest advances in communications or public health, and joining a fast-paced team that is dedicated to making a difference in the world. IQ Solutions is seeking a Health Communications Manager 1.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The health communications manager 1 understands the broad perspective of an account; can develop and articulate strategy related to partnership development, marketing as well as promotion of print and electronic materials and Web sites; and provides marketing consultation and technical assistance to clients. Such activities include developing and implementing advanced-level marketing plans, representing the firm at client meetings and on conference calls, supporting media promotion, conducting presentations in front of large groups, and recommending cost-effective marketing strategies. The position requires excellent client service, strong communication and management skills, proven writing and editing experience, experience with marketing health-related products and concepts, and the ability to develop and stay within project budgets.
1. Develops integrated marketing and communications plans for current and planned activities.
2. Demonstrates a high-level ability to think creatively, plan strategically, and execute tasks thoroughly.
3. Exhibits strong project and team management skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team to implement cross-project, integrated marketing strategies.
4. Provides consultation to the client on marketing and communication strategies to reach targeted audiences with desired messages.
5. Evaluates marketing efforts, and reports results to the client.
6. Provides direction and monitors junior and mid-level staff to ensure that projects and tasks meet internal and client deadlines, revising schedules as needed.
7. Prepares budgets for specific tasks and projects, and tracks costs to ensure projects remain within budget.
8. Leads planning and development of collateral materials.
9. Assists in the development of media messages for health-related research; pitches selected research to local, regional, and/or national media.
10. Develops and reviews weekly and monthly client reports.
11. Refines and maintains quality control processes for specific projects and tasks, and works to enhance quality control processes across projects.
12. Negotiates and contracts with outside vendors as needed.
13. Develops day-to-day contact with senior-level client representatives, including planning and participating in conference calls and meetings as needed.
14. Participates in the development and delivery of new business pitches and proposals.
15. Possesses visual acuity, that is, the ability to discern detail and color variations on a computer screen. Has the manual dexterity to input, validate, and retrieve data via a computer keyboard.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
This position requires a B.S. or B.A. degree in communications, marketing, or a related field, and a minimum of 5 years of in-depth experience in all stages of developing and implementing integrated marketing and communications plans for major projects. An M.P.H, M.S., or M.H.S. degree is a plus. A background in public health or health education, Hispanic communications, or interactive communications, as well as experience working on Federal Government or nonprofit projects, is preferred. The health communications manager 1 must have initiative, flexibility, and responsiveness to changing requirements and conditions. The successful candidate can work well in a collaborative, team environment, while possessing the ability to work independently.
Interested in applying?
Please apply online: http://iqsolutions.balancetrak.com/HLTHCOMMMNGR1
IQ Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.