Administrative Assistant to EVP
United Way Worldwide envisions a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives. United Way advances the common good by recruiting people and organizations who bring the passion, expertise and resources needed to get things done. United Way's global mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities to advance the common good. We invite you to be a part of the change to Live United.
This position provides direct administrative support to the Executive Vice President (EVP) of Investor Relations. It will also oversee the administrative functions for the entire office of the EVP. You will be responsible for directing and coordinating office services and related activities, including developing and supervising administrative projects. Examples of other typical work tasks include coordinating the logistical arrangements for various meetings and conferences; maintaining flows of communication among all staff; coordinating administrative workflow within Investor Relations. You will work hands-on and with others to ensure all organizational operations are efficient and smooth.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION:
The individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
1. Provide administrative support to the EVP in a variety of capacities including telephone coverage, copier projects, mail handling, supplies control, processing of letters/correspondence, events/meeting planning, report generation, invoice/expense reporting, database management, scheduling and management of calendar, expense reporting.
2. Compile and create reports, prepare presentations, and manage associated tasks in written communications utilizing Microsoft Office and other tools.
3. Handle all travel related matters airline, hotels and car reservations, as well as manage the itinerary for the EVP.
4. Assist EVP with management of Board level Development Committee and with Board meeting preparations and supports
5. Perform and manage special projects supportive of strategy execution related to corporate partnerships, major giving, and IR revenue development.
6. Assist EVP with alignment and integration of IR work across the organization.
7. Manage budget development and monitoring process
8. Help manage EVPs work in relationship management activities with corporations and major donors. (Managing any follow up needed from meetings with these stakeholders and involving staff in necessary next steps.)
9. Other duties as assigned.
United Way Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities strongly encouraged to apply. If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted. Thank you.
High School diploma or GED required. A certification from a business institute or at least a 2 year college degree preferred.
Should have at least 4 years of experience working in fast paced office management position. Experience in international or nonprofit organization preferred. Must have the ability to interface well with all departments within the organization and to represent the EVP in a highly professional manner. Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and external contacts to the organization. Possess a high degree of proficiency with MS Office products including Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook. Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality. Ability to handle sensitive material concerning the organization and the EVPs role within the organization. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Exceptional organizational skills required. Ability to meet designated deadlines is also a critical qualification. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks and demands. Must have an aptitude for and sensitivity to working with and relating to people of different cultures. Must demonstrate the ability to manage an office organize and manage the communications, work briefs, documentation, knowledge management, engagement protocols, decision-making processes, events, meetings, filing and record keeping, expense management and budgeting for the Office of the EVP. This job requires a very high degree of organizational skill and attention to detail. The person should be able to manage multiple tasks with dexterity and do them in a high pressure and time limited environment. Requires detailing the tasks needed to be accomplished, flawless executive, follow up, and timely reminders. Must have project management skills and ability to influence work through others. Strong relationship management skills and ability to work independently and in a team environment. The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of the position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA and we offer free parking and competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, 403b plan, paid time off, family sick leave and more. Thank you.