The British Embassy is looking for a Recruiter in our Washington, DC location. The successful candidate will be responsible for recruitment for the Embassy and Consulate across North American Hub (America, Canada, the Caribbean, and overseas territories). This position requires an extremely detail oriented and enthusiastic person, who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels.
The recruiter will be responsible for many functional areas such as job review and posting, reviewing resumes, conducting phone interviews, scheduling and managing the offer process.
- Direct the interviewing and hiring process for the North American Hub, ensuring that staffing requirements are satisfied in the most timely and cost effective manner. This includes staffing for a wide range of positions and levels.
- Post open positions internally and externally, track applications and resumes.
- Carry out the our recruitment process of posting, sourcing, screening resumes, interviewing, making offers, and following up as necessary.
- Provide guidance and recommendations to management around the US network in areas such as interview skills and proper recruitment techniques.
- Work with temporary positions in seeking candidates for seasonal and part time positions.
- Manage the internship program for the Embassy in Washington and the US network, running recruitments in the fall, spring, and summer, as well as provide guidance to the other Consulates on their programs.
- Complete all payroll paperwork for new hires, interns, and departures.
- Manage monthly staff reports of the Washington office for the Ambassador.
- Partner with employees and management to communicate various HR policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Manage our files to make sure we are in accordance with country specific laws.
- Serve as the deputy when the Senior Recruiter is out of the office.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as required and assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field, or specialized knowledge equivalent to such degree.
- Three years work experience in a Recruiting. International experience is a plus.
- Proficiency with an ATS system is required. Experience with iCIMS is a plus.
- Experience with managing multiple recruitments (up to 30) at once.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as time management, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Considerable interview skills and demonstrated judgment in employee selection.
- Ability to handle confidential employee issues/information and deal with employees in a friendly and sensitive manner.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Proficient in all MS Office applications, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Under US State Department requirements, the Embassy may only employ, as non-diplomatic staff, persons who are US citizens, US Green Card holders or A or NATO visa holders with EAD cards*. If you hold a visa other than an A or NATO visa you are not currently eligible to work at the Embassy. Please refer to our website for information on exceptions to this policy at www.gov.uk/government/world/usa. All candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.
*A visas or NATO visas with EAD cards are acceptable at the Embassy, Consulates, and British Defence Staff (BDS) outposts. The UK Mission to the UN (UKMIS) accepts G visas.