Lead Loan Accountant
CFC: Created and Owned by America's Electric Cooperative Network
Here is your chance to work for a financial services company dedicated to rural America that offers a fast-paced challenging environment with the benefits of a collaborative team! Since its formation in 1969, National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation (or CFC) of Dulles, Virginia has provided loan and investment solutions to rural electric cooperative utilities and their affiliates throughout the United States.
We have a great opportunity in our Treasury & Financial Services Group for a Lead Loan Accountant. Reporting to the Loan Accounting Manager, this position is responsible for processing and accounting of all daily loan transactions. Prepares reports/queries of the loan database. Responsible for maintenance and reconciliation of conversion fee receivable and deferred conversion fees. Responsible for the entire monthly invoice process. Resolves difficult reconciliation issues and responds to complex internal and external customer questions and requests. Communicates loan accounting system needs and issues with the software vendor.
- Oversee the groups daily processing of all entries into loan accounting system which includes, but is not limited to: loan disbursements, new facility set-ups, conversions, re-pricings, internal transfers and application of debt service payments in the loan accounting system.
- Reconcile and resolve problems with daily loan activity
- Generate and review monthly loan invoices.
- Generate monthly journal entries
- Respond to internal and external audit requests
- Respond timely and accurately to customer questions
- Assist and direct the work of others on the loan accounting team
- Communicate and resolve system needs and issues with the software vendor.
Education & Experience
- BS/BA in Accounting.
- Four years accounting experience, ability to interpret and assess impact of information found in a variety of source documents and four years of experience using automated accounting systems or equivalent work experience.
Requires previous experience with loan accounting systems and database queries as well as previous financial institution experience. Ability and maturity to coordinate the daily activities of the group.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a short-term and long-term incentive plan; pension plan; 401(k); medical, dental and vision plans; a generous leave policy, and more - all in a friendly, professional work environment. For additional information, please visit our website at www.nrucfc.coop.
CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
No Agency Calls Please