Strategic Relationship Manager (Tier II)
· Collectively responsible for the identification, initiation, development, execution, and sales of all AIAA products supporting AIAA Industry Partners and the aerospace supply chain.
· Identify and work with companies in the Aerospace Supply Chain that provide Major Assemblies and Integrated Systems in Aerospace. This demographic will include major Sub-systems/Structures (Avionics/GNC, Fuel Systems, Landing Systems etc.);
· Support business interests of targeted industry demographic through their inclusion in Institute programs such as: exhibition displays, event programming, sponsorship, and advertising opportunities. It is anticipated that such programs would lead to revenue growth and/or might help define new programs, possible speakers in AIAA Forums (in collaboration with AIAAs Product Development Team) or spawn new services that support AIAAs long-term business objectives.
· Develop and maintain an evergreen pipeline of prospective Industry Partners to build the Industry Partner program in the incumbents target market demographic.
· Develop and maintain close working relationship with Industry Partners, member companies, and other organizations that further the AIAA Mission.
· Conceptualize product and service packages for one of three industry demographics which may include: exhibits, sponsorship (to include corporate table sales for the Gala and the Associate Fellows dinner), and advertising.
o Collaborate with Marketing on the positioning, pricing, and promotion of these premium branded packages;
o Coordinate the provision of those services and product delivery with appropriate internal and external entities to ensure they are delivered to the Partners satisfaction;
o Facets of the Partner experience are coordinated in advance with the Forum Project Manager and the Business Manager, Exhibit and Sponsorship Operations as required.
· Cultivate relationships with and among Industry Partners and AIAA staff to foster and facilitate new concepts and new benefits that meet evolving corporate and professional needs.
· Work with AIAA staff and other stakeholders to fulfill Industry Partner commitments, assure their consistent application, and provide continuous feedback.
· Develop market knowledge of current and prospective Industry Partners as well as an understanding of the particular industry demographic for which the SRM has direct oversight. Maintain familiarity with the business interests of the demographic, its core products, services and markets they serve, and an awareness of the latest industry trends.
· Collectively develop and manage the requisite tools , information processes and procedures required to support a centralized electronic customer database that:
o Supports a pipeline of prospects for AIAA corporate opportunities
o Identifies past customer buying habits, participation, and investment in AIAA programs/products
o Details information as to which companies to focus efforts in order to grow participation/investment in AIAA activities.
· Work closely with Forum Project Managers, other SRMs, Marketing staff, Communications staff, and Business Manager, Exhibit and Sponsorship Operations to ensure that integrated promotional packages are implemented for the Industry Partner.
· Coordinate support activities such as budget development and tracking, new partnership programming, corporate table sales for the Gala and the Associate Fellows Dinner, or industry events (programs on the Innovation Stage demonstrations, Coffee and Conversations etc.), exhibit operations support (to include decorators, service contractors, other vendors, and site facilities for both domestic and international venues), production and distribution of the exhibit service kit, collect and provide content to the exhibition program guide, and any/all exhibit signage or other production or promotional activities, with the Business Manager, Exhibit and Sponsorship Operations.
· Participate in Forum Team meetings throughout the Forum Product Life Cycle for all products supported by the SRMs and the packages developed and sold.
· Develop a follow-up report/thank you letters for all customers, customized for the nature of the package sold.
· Provide statistics and information about Industry Partner participation in AIAA Forums to the Forum Project Manager and Marketer for inclusion in the post-event report and in the event archive on the Forum website.
· Develop, in coordination with colleagues and the Managing Director of Business and Market Development, a written annual snap-shot of engagement, quantifying where possible the tangible and intangible value obtained (ROI) from Industry Partner investment in AIAA products.
· Develop and contribute to annual budget development across product lines within the context of the Industry Partnership demographic, and as directed by the Managing Director, Business and Market Development. This includes a revenue-growth component on a year-over-year basis across the three product lines (exhibits, sponsorships, Corporate Membership).
· Collaborate on common strategies with the other SRMs and the Managing Director, Business and Market Development that:
o support Industry partner retention across the Corporate Membership Program;
o strengthen the long-term viability of revenue generated from Exhibits, Sponsorships and Advertising.
o cultivates a robust pipeline of new Industry partners, and,
o support specific industry demographic needs (such as the development of Small Business Council).
Reports to Managing Director, Business and Market Development
· Excellent demonstrated ability to build strong, long-term relationships
· Demonstrated ability to identify, recommend, and implement new corporate partner programs and services tailored to market demographic or business segment
· Excellent oral and written communications skills
· Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
· Strong expanding and evolving industry knowledge of targeted market demographics, their customers, their desired expansion/growth plans, and business needs are essential
· Strong ability to convert those relationships into sales opportunities
· Demonstrated ability to achieve long and short-term revenue objectives
· Strong negotiation and meeting facilitation skills
· Strong motivational skills
· Ability to multi-task, organize, and plan
· Ability to identify, comprehend, and resolve protocol issues
· Ability to interact with broad aerospace community (private sector, government, academia and other non-profits)
· College degree in Sales/Marketing preferred or five to seven years of experience in sales and/or relationship/account management
· Association experience preferred
· Excellent Microsoft office skills (Word, Power Point, Excel)
· Experience developing and contributing to budgets, analyzing ROI, revenue streams, monitoring expenses
To apply, email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHY WORK AT AIAA?
Make a real difference in the aerospace industry! Assist us in positioning aerospace for its exciting future while celebrating the industrys pioneering accomplishments. As an AIAA employee, you will enjoy competitive compensation and benefits including:
- 37.5-hr work week
- 11 holidays + vacation and sick leave
- Great location off the Dulles Toll Road near the new Reston Silver Line Metro
- Awarded Best Workplaces for Commuters by Fairfax County Transit Authority and the National Center for Transit Research
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance with low co-pays
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with generous match
- Group Term Life insurance
- Long-term and short-term disability
- Educational assistance
- Health club and Weight Watchers subsidy
AIAA is the largest aerospace professional society in the world, serving an innovative, high-value workforce that helps make the world safer, more connected, more accessible, and more prosperous. We represent a profession whose great work has produced everything from the brilliant innovations that affect daily living to the major missions that fuel our collective human drive to explore and to accomplish amazing things.
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
1801 Alexander Bell Drive, Suite 500
Reston, VA 20191