Project Manager, Capacity Bldg/Chem. Security
CRDF Global is a nonprofit organization that promotes international scientific and technical collaboration. Our public-private partnerships extend across the globe, including the countries of South and Southeast Asia, the Middle East, Eurasia, and North Africa. Through grants and technical trainings, CRDF Global advances international scientific collaboration, supports emerging nations, and promotes greater connectivity with emerging scientific communities. At CRDF Global, we emphasize a client-centered, mission-driven approach supported by creativity and flexibility.
CRDF Global seeks a highly motivated project manager who has prior proposal writing experience, can develop and implement complex international projects and who is able to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong writing background, academic or professional background in international relations, security studies, or chemistry as well as an interest in nonproliferation and chemical security.
The Project Manager will be a member of the Chemical Security Program (CSP) team and/or other teams as assigned. CSP establishes cooperative partnerships to raise chemical security awareness among the international scientific community and secure chemicals that may be misused, in support of common nonproliferation objectives. Projects are mostly implemented the Middle East, Turkey and Southeast Asia.
· Develop and administer a portfolio of projects in collaboration with scientists, policy-makers, and other stakeholders
· Develop and monitor project budgets
· Provide logistical support for international conferences, workshops, seminars, training, and other activities between U.S. and foreign scientists, engineers, and other stakeholders
· Identify, contract and oversee scientific/technical collaborators
· Brainstorm, develop, and draft proposals for current and potential funders
· Develop analytical reports on an ad hoc basis
- A combination of education and experience that demonstrates a strong background in proposal writing
- Bachelors degree required, masters degree preferred, preferably in English, international relations, chemistry, nonproliferation, security studies or related fields
- 3-5 years work experience, with:
- Demonstrated ability to develop complex projects to fruition;
- Demonstrated ability to develop proposals for current and potential funders
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex logistics, including tasks in conflict zones;
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple high-priority tasks; and
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with clients and stakeholders
- Experience drafting and tracking budgets for projects
- Attention to detail, flexibility to handle changing environments, strong organizational skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Experience working and interacting with U.S. government agencies, U.S. national laboratories and scientific research institutes is preferred; international work experience is also preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel internationally required, including ability to travel to MENA region as CRDF Global deems appropriate. For travel to Iraq and other countries CRDF Global deems at-risk, CRDF Global works with a security company to assess security and travel risks to determine if travel can take place.
- Arabic language a plus, but not required
- Flexibility to support workload across the organization by accepting assignments outside of the designated program area.
- U.S. work authorization is required
CRDF Global offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
CRDF Global is an EOE of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply, please complete our online application form and submit one attachment with:
· A cover letter
· Contact information for 3 references