TerpSys is a leading IT and Internet business solutions provider based in the Washington DC area. Blending todays technology with outstanding customer service, TerpSys offers clients innovative, individually-crafted IT and web solutions to meet their unique needs. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture. Our culture drives our business. We challenge and offer our staff engaging work, continued learning opportunities, and fun team building activities and company events. We serve our communities through active company participation in volunteer-based initiatives. In turn, we consistently delight our customers and deliver on their high expectations.
In short, TerpSys is an innovative IT solutions provider, a respected community leader, and an all-around great place to work.
TerpSys is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Software Developer. This position provides direct support in building custom applications to help our customers more effectively achieve their mission.
- Design software solutions based on business requirements
- Develop web application solutions using C# and ASP.NET Web Forms/MVC
- Design and implement database schemas, and integrate them with web applications
- Integrate applications with external systems, and perform data migrations
- Active, thoughtful participation in a development team, to help the team reach its objectives
- Constructive and active communication with other developers, gathering and sharing knowledge
- Clear, concise and pro-active communications with clients to achieve excellent customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field*
- 1+ years professional experience with ASP.NET and SQL server
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design
- Experience working with ASP.NET web technologies
- Experience working with relational database management systems such as SQL
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Commitment to quality, including thorough testing of ones own work products
*Candidates without the specified Bachelors Degree must possess 5+ years of professional experience within a software development environment
Desired Experience/ Qualifications/Certifications
- Experience with JQuery and/or other Scripting Frameworks like AngularJS, Knockout
- Experience with LINQ and Object-Relational Mapping (O/RM) tools
- Experience working with Service Oriented Architectures
- Working knowledge of Agile Development methodologies
- Track record of working directly with clients and other project stakeholders
TerpSys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TerpSys does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.