Information Technology Department
Supervisor: Director of Information Technology
The incumbent will make significant contributions to designing new software and databases for AFT affiliates, members and staff.
Under the supervision of the department director and the software development manager, the assistant director will provide technical support in the areas of application design and development, data warehouse application design, and software lifecycle development processes.
· Meet with AFT officers, directors and staff to perform software analysis and identify relevant software requirements.
· Responsible for software and database design, implementation and function in support of our central database and related department-specific requirements.
· Work with the software and database development team, and customer support and training team to help ensure software is easy to use and support .
· Identify innovative, cost-effective ways to implement and support software and database technologies.
· Recommend and communicate to staff the latest technological tools to solve productivity issues.
Primary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Bachelors degree in computer science, information systems, business or a related field is highly desirable.
· Ideal candidate must be a seasoned professional with five to seven years experience with strong Microsoft .Net and SQL Server development skills, including web services.
· Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze, design, code and implement information systems is required as well as experience with technical software design and development projects.
· Expertise in the areas of application development, data warehouse application design and software lifecycle development processes is essential.
· Ability to understand requirements, design and perform technical systems analysis and support technology users at all levels, is required.
· Ability to integrate systems into our centralized database, for example, SalesForce.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Travel is required.
Secondary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Windows 7/8, MS Office, SQL Reporting Services, MS SharePoint, SalesForce, MS Project, MS Lync, Crystal Reports, Cold Fusion and Citrix is desired.
- Familiarity with unions and/or membership organizations is preferred.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to the director of human resources or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference posting #AOF-64-15-0514-V.