Information Assurance Engineer
Job Location: Pocasset, MA
Located on Cape Cod just 2 miles past the Bourne Bridge, Hydroid, Inc. is a trusted science and technology leader in our field. We design, manufacture and market advanced Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs) for marine research, defense, hydrographic, and offshore energy markets for operations in water depths of up to 6,000 meters.
A subsidiary of Kongsberg Maritime, we are World Class through People, Technology, and Dedication.
The Information Assurance Engineer role is to track, implement, control, and test impacts of Department of Defense Information Assurance Control Program guidance on applicable Hydroid systems and equipment. The position will require determining applicability of security policies, patches, and doctrine; regression testing to determine impact of application of changes and updates; researching and resolving technical and performance issues and maintaining compliance with various government agencies pertaining to Hydroids vehicles and systems.
The Information Assurance Engineer will report to the Software Manager and be the lead on application of IA policy to Hydroids systems. This is a hands on position and requires an individual that can work on various equipment and tools while maintaining required documentation and procedures. Up to 25% travel may be required. The responsibilities require:
- Thorough understanding of Red Hat Enterprise Linux Operating System (Client Versions 5.7-6.4) including the YUM update tool and RPM packages for updating O/S.
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Windows 7 Operating System 32 bit & 64 bit and administration of Group Security Policy including Account Policies, Local Policies, Security Options (Audit Policies and Application Control Policies) and Public Key Policies. Should also be familiar with the administration of User Accounts including User Configuration, Security Settings, Login scripts and Windows Settings including Security Settings.
- Knowledge of Department of Defenses IA Control Program and its associated Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) and how to apply the DoD STIG to RHEL Linux & Windows 7 Pro systems.
- Comfortable with implementing the DoD STIGs on applications including Linux/Unix, Windows 7, .NET Framework, Antivirus-Antispyware, ASD (Application Security and Development), Desktop, HBSS (Host-Based Security Systems), Internet Explorer 8, Network and Wireless.
- Required to be Lead Engineer in support of a Navy External Audit of Systems implemented with DoD/ DISA STIGs.
- Familiarity with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Policies and overall Security Posture.
- Familiarity with STIGs tools including Retina Scanner, STIG Viewer and SCAP Compliance Checker.
- Working well with Auditors and personnel questioning the security posture of your system.
- Enjoying supporting role as Lead System Administrator in support of Government Programs.
- Ability to direct off-site personnel to implement changes to off-site systems.
A Degree (B.S. or higher) in computer science, network security/engineering or other related field. Minimum 2 years in DoD IA Policy applications and DISA Security Policies and STIGs tools required. Experience with managing audits and acting as a lead engineer in a large, fast paced professional environment. Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills and emphasis on sharing of knowledge through peer training and good communication. US security clearance or ability to obtain clearance is a must.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We offer a very competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including 75% company paid medical and dental insurance. The company also offers paid Life, STD, LTD, tuition reimbursement and 401K with company match, and more.