Accounting Specialist, Accounts Payable
The Accounting Specialist ensures all disbursements are made in a timely manner by performing all necessary accounts payable procedure steps and assists with other duties as needed.
- Receive vendor invoices via mail and internal check requests daily to be coded and entered into MS Dynamics for payment.
- Receive expense reports, subcontractor invoices and consultant timesheets to be included in weekly cash disbursements (wires & checks).
- Responsible for coding and inputting all invoices received and posted in the proper accounting period.
- Ensure that all critical vendors (Rent, Benefits, Leases, Phones, DHL, FedEx, etc.) are paid in a timely manner.
- Prepare for weekly check run by selecting vouchers for payments, printing checks, and attaching them to the necessary vouchers for required signature(s).
- Mail checks to vendors, employees, and consultants weekly.
- Maintain vendor master file in Dynamics by setting up and updating information as changes occur.
- Perform all steps related to sending and recording wires as needed:
- Initiation of wires to Bank of America via Cash Pro
- Creating and updating templates for re-occurring wires as needed.
- Processing and posting wires paid in MS Dynamics
- Record all voided checks and stop payments and ensure that all checks are listed on register for the proper accounting period.
- Record monthly entries such as postage, telephone, and photocopies via journal entry.
- Respond to email correspondence and any other request in a timely manner.
- Prepare bank deposit slip for client payments received by check
- Prepare expense entries in Unanet for travel agent airfares charged to the company credit card
- Coordinate with off-site storage company the delivery and pick-up of department files.
- Assist with department audits (Grant Thornton Annual and 401k/Pension Audit, Bank of America Audit, Workmans Compensation Audit, and Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) by pulling documents and making the necessary copies as needed.
- Assist with sorting and distributing the department mail.
- Assist with department filing and re-organization of the file room.
- Performs other duties as needed.
· Associate or Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or similar or a minimum of 5 years experience in general accounting;
· Proficient in Excel and MS Word
· Proficient in MS Dynamics (desired);
· Knowledge of accounting principles and practices;
· Knowledge of finance principals and financial reporting;
· Excellent attention to details and accuracy;
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities, paying attention to detail under tight deadlines and heavy workloads.
To apply for this position (S-127), please conduct a search for positions based in the United States in our consultant database please. Only finalists contacted.
Nathan Associates Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status.