Service Desk Technician
The Service Desk Technicians role is to ensure proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
· Identify and deliver required hardware, network, and telecommunications service levels according to company policies.
· Field incoming requests from end users to resolve network, hardware, telecommunications, and security related issues.
· Document, track and monitor reported issues to ensure timely resolution.
· Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on equipment operation and other issues.
· Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user and network hardware, telecommunications equipment, and security solutions.
· User Administration (AD users / Groups / mailboxes)
· Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user software and networking software products.
· Collaborate with network engineers to create optimal network design topologies and configurations.
· Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of hardware, network, telecommunications, and security related problems for end users: recommend and implement corrective solutions.
· BS degree in computer science or related field
· Minimum 2 years service desk experience
· Certifications in ITIL, Microsoft, A+,
· Strong, hands-on technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, and telecommunications systems
· Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
· Clear and concise documentation skills
· Competency with SQL queries and databases
· Programming skills a plus
· Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
· Highly self motivated and directed, logical and efficient.
· Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Available for occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.