Program Assistant #14-179
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a Program Assistant for the HarvestPlus program. HarvestPlus leads a global effort to improve nutrition and public health by developing and disseminating staple food crops that are rich in vitamins and minerals. We work with public and private sector partners in more than 40 countries. HarvestPlus is part of the CGIAR Research Program on Agriculture for Nutrition and Health (A4NH). CGIAR is a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. Its science is carried out by its 15 research centers in collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations. The HarvestPlus program is coordinated by two of these centers, the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) and the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
The successful candidate will be well-rounded and able to perform a range of administrative duties as noted below. This non-exempt position is a one year, fixed term, renewable appointment and is located at IFPRIs headquarters in Washington, DC.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
· Assist with international travel arrangements for staff and collaborators. This includes arranging itineraries, purchasing air tickets, preparing visa applications, performing travel-related research, booking accommodation, drafting visa letters and invitations, compiling travel folders, and processing post-travel paperwork and payments.
· Serve as logistics point person for locally held meetings and events. This includes reserving meeting rooms, ordering catering services, liaising with Computer Services and Facilities Services for IT and room setup needs, compiling/printing meeting handouts, and communicating logistics information to participants.
· Coordinate visitor arrangements such as office reservation, keys, per diem, hotel accommodation, and travel arrangements if needed.
· Coordinate and oversee twice-monthly management team teleconferences and other teleconferences as needed.
· Regularly update and maintain administrative databases, staff records, and HarvestPlus calendars. Submit travel and staff information to internal newsletters such as Inside IFPRI and HarvestPlus Happenings.
· Provide general office support, including ordering/organizing office supplies, processing international shipments, reporting and following up on maintenance and/or IT issues, processing invoices and credit card bills, etc.
· Minimum of one year of administrative work experience.
· Excellent oral and written English language skills.
· Must be highly organized and able to keep track of many details.
· Highly proficient with computers and related software, including MS Office and the internet.
· Proven ability to prioritize work and manage multiple competing priorities.
· Solid composition, grammar and proofreading skills with the ability to compose routine correspondence.
· Excellent typing skills required: 50-65 wpm preferred.
· Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and a wide variety of internal and external contacts.
· Demonstrated ability to work productively within a multi-cultural team environment.
· Must be highly motivated and efficient while maintaining good customer service skills as a representative of HarvestPlus to donors, board members, collaborators and other external contacts.
· Ability to travel.
· Bachelors degree.
· Fluency in foreign language, other than English, desirable.