IQ Solutions, Inc., a full-service communications and health information technology firm located in Rockville, MD, is seeking an Information Technology Recruiter/Staffing Coordinator.
Employees assigned to this position are responsible for managing the recruitment and hiring process for a robust technology team that spans staff software, web, and mobile application development projects; creative, interactive, and print production projects; data and statistical activities; and infrastructure, network, and helpdesk support. Independent judgment and initiative are needed in carrying out daily assignments. Some work direction and guidance may be given to lower-level employees. The position requires interaction with employees at all levels within the company including working closely with technical staff to capture technical requirements. Individuals will advocate for the company across various markets and professional communities. Characteristics of this position include adaptability, creativity, interpersonal confidence and good presentation. Above average written, verbal, listening, and organizational skills are needed. Must have the ability to multi-task and work in a deadline driven, high-paced environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists in analyzing technical requirements to identify staffing needs and works with hiring managers to draft position descriptions.
- Works with hiring managers and HR to post new positions and monitor incoming applications.
- Identifies applicants who meet minimum technical and other requirements, and conducts initial phone interviews to pre-screen applicants for suitability.
- Provides accurate and inspiring information to applicants about the position and organization.
- Coordinates interviews with hiring managers and other staff.
- Performs reference checks on selected candidates and reviews results with hiring managers.
- Facilitates the administrative aspects of generating an offer letter and preparing for a new employees start/onboarding process.
- Interfaces with recruitment firms and staffing agencies to field requests, review resumes, and serve as the first point of contact for recruitment efforts.
- Recommends improvements to the recruitment and hiring workflow and standard operating procedures, and new strategies to ensure that highly qualified technical staff are identified and hired.
- Prepares required summaries of recruitment activities for senior management.
- Fosters relationships with colleagues and diverse professional organizations to attract and recruit candidates.
- Works well with others and handles day-to-day situations with an acceptable, reasonable approach.
- Possesses visual acuity, that is, the ability to discern detail and color variations on a computer screen; possesses the manual dexterity to input, validate, and retrieve data via a computer keyboard.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position requires a bachelors degree or the equivalent education or experience, plus a minimum of 2 years of experience handling recruitment for technical personnel. This includes an understanding of the types of positions and skills required to staff software, web, and mobile application development projects; creative, interactive, and print production projects; data and statistical activities; and infrastructure, network, and helpdesk support. Applicants must demonstrate a history of delivering high quality technology professionals while guiding hiring managers and applicants through the hiring process. Understanding of Federal contracting procedures highly desired. Incumbents must be able to interact well with employees, applicants, and recruiters, possess good business judgment, and have mature self-confidence. Individuals must also be self-starters with proven ability to work well without major infrastructure support. Above average written, verbal, and organizational skills are required.
Interested candidates may apply at:
IQ Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.