Prof Development Coordinator
Professional Development Coordinator
AABB is an international, not-for-profit association representing individuals and institutions involved in the field of transfusion medicine and cellular therapies. The association is committed to improving health by developing and delivering standards, accreditation and educational programs that focus on optimizing patient and donor care and safety.
We are seeking a self-starting Professional Development Coordinator to provide assistance in collecting and compiling documentation required for educational program compliance with ACCME and AMA requirements. This role will also assist the Director of Education and Professional Development in program planning and implementation activities. The ideal candidate will have exceptional organizational skills and a superior customer service focus in interaction with all internal and external stakeholders.
Major responsibilities will include:
· Assist in supporting the maintenance of ACCME accreditation by maintaining accreditation calendar of deadlines; collecting ACCME required documentation; supporting the development of ACCME Progress Reports and Annual Report, and other duties required to maintain accreditation.
· Work with the Director of Patient Blood Management and speakers to coordinate, develop program materials and host live webinars.
· Create and maintain professional development products in the Learning Management system.
· Provide excellent customer service to activity attendees and those who inquire about CME requirements.
· Maintain records for CA Lab and Nurses accreditation and FL Lab accreditation information in CE Broker.
· Monitor and manage the Education and Professional Development departments phone line, email box and mail distribution.
· Perform other related duties and provide administrative support to the Education and Professional Development department and its strategic initiatives and programs as needed.
Education and Experience:
· Education High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors degree preferred.
· Experience Two years general office experience preferably in an association environment. Familiarity and training in education program planning and CME preferred.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required.
· Association management database experience is highly desirable.