Accounting Specialist (Part-time)
About the Organization
The National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) is a private, not-for-profit organization established in 1952 to provide a uniform date of appointment to positions in graduate medical education (GME) in the United States. The NRMP is not an application processing service; rather, it provides an impartial venue for matching applicants' and programs' preferences for each other consistently. The NRMP conducts the annual Main Residency Match® encompassing 40,000 applicants for almost 30,000 positions in core residencies, as well as Matches for fellowship positions in 38 subspecialties through its Specialties Matching Service®.
About the Position
The position is a part time position assisting the Director of Finance. The Accounting Specialist position creates financial transactions. Responsible for handling the fundamental aspects of financial recordkeeping, including recording financial transactions, managing accounts payable and receivable, reconciling bank statements. The Accounting Specialist also reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy.
Candidate Qualifications Sought
- Bachelors degree or combination of equivalent years of experience and training
- Minimum of five years responsible accounting or bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger and financial reports.
Other critical skills and experience sought include:
· Experience working with accounting software systems. Experience with Intacct is a plus.
· Demonstrated computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Excel & Access).
· Demonstrated ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English
· Demonstrated ability to keep client matters strictly confidential
· Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills
· Self-motivated, independent thinker, and demonstrated flexibility
For more information on NRMP, visit our website at www.nrmp.org.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line PART-TIME ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST.
NRMP is an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a diverse and highly qualified workforce.