Justice Federal Credit Union seeks a Controller to provide leadership to the Accounting Finance and Accounting Operation areas of the Credit Union. The selected candidate will coordinate Justice FCUs accounting and budget management functions and ensure that all accounting and financial procedures are aligned to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and NCUA regulations.
Duties for this position include:
· Ensure timely and accurate financial data; ensuring financial reports are prepared in accordance with GAAP and NCUA regulations and that all general ledger and subsidiary accounts are reconciled according to a defined schedule and are in compliance with GAAP/NCUA.
· Ensure that all ATM, ACH, Federal Reserve, and Share Draft activities are completed according to a defined schedule and are in compliance with all rules and regulations.
· Provide financial statements in a timely manner and prepare regulatory reports as required by the NCUA and other regulatory bodies.
· Ensure that investment and daily cash management activities are properly recorded, and that any liquidity matters are discussed with the EVP/CFO in a timely manner.
· Ensure all general ledger accounts are in balance and all supporting reconciliations are prepared in a timely and accurate manner. Also ensures the timely resolution of outstanding items.
· Provide data and input for all ALM, product/branch profitability and forecasting analyses.
Required knowledge and Abilities:
· 5 -10 or more years of accounting, preferably in a credit union or similar financial institution
· B.S. in Accounting or Finance. MBA and/or CPA preferred.
· Working knowledge of GAAP, regulatory practices and automated accounting systems
Justice FCU offers a competitive salary and one of the best benefits package around that includes generous leave, 401k with excellent employer match, health, dental, and prescription coverage, tuition reimbursement, training opportunities, and more.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. Good credit history and the ability to pass a security clearance are required. Visit www.jfcu.org for more information. EOE