Sub-Task 3: Programming
Purpose: Provide senior level programming in a UNIX and Windows environment. This includes installing, testing, implementing and maintaining vendor software releases, maintaining the associated hardware, and creating scripts to support new tools and services.
· Maintain, develop, document and debug: UNIX shell scripts; Perl, Ruby, and Python scripts; SQL and Hyperion database.
· Perform database monitoring and make suggestions for optimization.
· Program in Ruby and Perl
· Provide software design and development in the normal software development environment of requirements collection and analysis, design, development and testing.
· Proactively learn, adapt to and use new HW/SW technologies.
· Research, develop and test new performance management software.
· Provide Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and LAN network configuration support in an Ethernet environment.
· Provide Level 3 problem determination support. This includes debugging scripts, opening cases with hardware or software vendor and looking at diagnostic tools for hardware, software and capacity related problems.
· Analyze and support monitoring of LAN/Wide Area Network (WAN) devices including switches, routers, firewalls, wireless devices, and perform Management Information Base (MIB) walks and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) configuration.
· Maintain UNIX server and operating systems and software as secondary support of UNIX administrator
· Document problem resolution, software updates, configuration, and operational procedures in order to perform knowledge transfer to SSA personnel on related software.
· Work independently and as part of a team to identify, users needs and present findings and recommendations.
· Enter changes and status updates on scripting work into the NMST source control and tracking application, TRAC, for documenting and tracking changes to the various scripts and configurations.