Sr. LAN/WAN Engineer
Sub-Task 1: System Maintenance
Purpose: UNIX Administration for approximately a dozen SUN/Solaris servers as well as administration of two Windows servers. Provide UNIX software, hardware and applications support. This includes installing, testing, implementing and maintaining vendor software releases, maintaining the associated hardware, and creating scripts to support new tools and services.
· UNIX System Administration Installation, configuration, development and maintenance of UNIX operating systems and software.
· Windows Administration Installation, configuration, and maintenance of Windows Server 2008/Windows 7 operating systems and software.
· Maintain security patches as regulated by SSA and participate on security panels to make sure server updates are correct and report back when findings are dissimilar.
· Maintain and support production, test, and development environments.
· Provide performance analysis and recommendations for UNIX hardware systems including: log analysis, performance tuning and monitoring; and support multi-pathing (high availability) or load balancing.
· Provide Level 3 problem determination support. This includes debugging scripts, opening cases with hardware or software vendor and looking at diagnostic tools for hardware, software and capacity related problems.
· Maintain backups; provide system restorations when needed and preparation for disaster recovery.
· Provide Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and LAN network configuration support in an Ethernet environment.
· Install, test, implement and maintain vendor application software releases.
· Maintain, develop, document and debug UNIX shell scripts; Perl and Ruby scripts; and SQL database.
· Research, develop and test new performance management software.
· Document problem resolution, software updates, configuration, and operational procedures in order to perform knowledge transfer to SSA personnel on related software.
· Work independently and as part of a team to identify users needs, and present findings and recommendations.
· Enter changes and status updates on scripting work into the NMST source control and tracking application, TRAC, for documenting and tracking changes to the various scripts and configurations.
- Use HPs Change, Asset and Problem Reporting System (CAPRS) to submit requests to make changes and respond to problem tickets within 1-72 hours depending upon the severity of the ticket.
Main skills: Someone w/ sysadmin experience, should be solid in Linux, have worked w/ Solaris, have good SQL, know some PERL/Python/KSH, and some networking (TCP/IP) is a bonus. 10 years required experience (will consider candidates with 8 years)