Sub-Task 1: SharePoint Design
Purpose: Support the development of a SharePoint enterprise design including the infrastructure design, software configuration, migration path and ongoing technical support requirements. This includes documentation of all configurations for future support purposes. To successfully complete the activities of this task the contractor should have expertise in the following areas; Visual Studio 2008 and/or 2010, Visual Basic, C#, PowerShell, SharePoint object model, SharePoint solutions building, ASP.NET, software testing, administering SharePoint Farm, working knowledge of Windows Server 2008, IIS and Kerberos.
- Evaluate the enhanced features provided by the current version of SharePoint utilized by the Agency and its future iterations.
- Evaluate and recommend solutions and designs to provide backup and recovery of SharePoint data.
- Evaluate and recommend solutions and designs for disaster recovery including
local fault tolerance as well as stand-by facilities located in remote facilities.
- Evaluate and recommend solutions to provide anti-virus protection for data stored
- Develop a plan to migrate the contents of SSA existing Exchange Public Folders infrastructure to the proposed SharePoint implementation.
- Develop any automation required to build, configure and preload data for the continuously growing SharePoint sites that will be required for various SSA components and field offices.
- Establish system policies that will adhere to requirements requested by the field for implementation of the enterprise SharePoint solution with regards to file content, server storage and user capabilities.
- Develop tools and documented procedures required to manage and maintain the proposed design.
- Provide third-level technical support for SharePoint Services as they relate to SSA infrastructure.
- Evaluate and initiate SharePoint solutions to the existing SSA infrastructure.
· Configure, implement and support hardware relating to virtualization, including networking and SAN devices.
· Develop a supportable design for an enterprise deployment of SharePoint within SESS.