Information Assurance Engineer
Job / Title: Info Assurance Engineer Stf
Security Clearance Secret
Clearance Required Prior to Start Final Secret
Supported Government Agency U.S. Army
Standard Job Description:
Provides security engineering designs and implementation in all aspects of Information Assurance and Information Security (InfoSec) Engineering. Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle;
validates system security requirements definition and analysis; establishes system security designs; implements security designs in hardware, software, data, and procedures; verifies security requirements; performs system certification and accreditation planning and testing and liaison activities, and supports secure systems operations and maintenance.
- Provide security engineering support for systems, networks, and secured environments
- Develop and maintain certification and accreditation documents
- Evaluate the architecture of software based systems to ensure they meet approved Information Assurance standards
- Perform and analyze Information System Security Control Tests
- Develop IA strategy
- Ensure contractor personnel assurance certification
- Track and retain records of accreditation request and approval
- Perform all DIACAP support for systems
- Develop and maintain draft POA&M
- Coordinate with ACA for C&A of systems.
Basic Qualifications - Experienced as Information Assurance security Officer.
- Strong knowledge of and experience working
- Understanding of DoD 8570.01-M, Information
Assurance Workforce Improvement Program.
- IAT Level II certified: CISSP, CSSLP, GSLC, and/or
CASP; Security+, GSEC, and/or SSCP
- Experience in conducting Retina scans.
Typical Minimums Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined
education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
Supported Government Agency U.S.Army
Please submit all resume to firstname.lastname@example.org