Safe Helpline Manager
As a key member of RAINN's Victim Services management team, the Safe Helpline Manager will be responsible for ensuring the proper provision of services to users of the Safe Helpline. The Manager will provide on-site, direct supervision of shift managers. The Safe Helpline Manager is a full-time position exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, screen and hire shift managers.
- Supervise shift managers, identify staff shortages and recruitment strategies.
- Provide initial and on-going training and professional development for full-time shift managers.
- Prepare and manage monthly staffing schedule to ensure 24/7 coverage.
- Prepare payroll for Safe Helpline staff.
- Ensure compliance with RAINN and DoD policies and protocols.
- Respond appropriately to complaints and questions.
- Conduct annual and periodic evaluations of all shift managers.
- Be available 'on-call' for after-hour emergencies.
- Work with the Technology Director to ensure all systems are functioning correctly and problems dealt with promptly.
- Work with the Training Manager to develop ongoing skills training.
- Resolve personnel problems by analyzing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions and taking appropriate actions.
- Maintain working relationship with staff by following the terms of a collective bargaining agreement.
- Develop and schedule monthly in-person, in-service training.
- Conduct weekly meetings with shift managers.
- Ensure resources provided to users are accurate through the facilitation of semi-annual call-throughs to military responders.
- Maintain knowledge of RAINN's policies and protocols and provide ongoing feedback to the VP of Victim Services.
- Maintain knowledge of DoD SAPRO and other military policies and protocols and provide ongoing feedback regarding ways to meet and exceed DoD standards.
- Demonstrate specialized Safe Helpline knowledge and sexual assault service skills.
- Attend internal and external meetings and trainings as required.
- Consistently maintain high standards of behavior and performance, exercising discretion ensuring necessary and sufficient controls are in place to safeguard the integrity of Safe Helpline.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required:
- Minimum three years of experience managing staff.
- Must possess excellent English-language communication skills (oral and written) and the ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with users, general public and employees within the organization.
- Experience in labor relations, which includes management of grievances and participation in arbitration/negotiation preparation.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize own workload, deal with conflicting demands and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain composure during stressful situations; ability to handle shifting and multiple priorities.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a wide range of situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions written and oral.
- Ability to exercise good judgment when faced with complex decisions.
- Maintain a positive and energetic attitude, with the ability to successfully work on a team and independently.
- Must be able to work on-site at RAINN's office and attend meetings as required.
- Must be comfortable discussing issues surrounding sexual violence.
- Must complete a criminal background check (administered by RAINN).
- Veterans: those with Dept of Veterans Affairs or VA MST Coordinator experience will be given priority.
- Crisis hotline/intervention experience.
- Experience with military populations
- Experience with relationship building and fostering collaboration among diverse workforce.
The following physical activities described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 80% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Must be able to operate a computer (typing 35-45 wpm with accuracy) and other office productivity machinery (e.g., copier and fax machine).
- Must have vision correctable to a level where individual can operate a computer; visualize text on a computer monitor.
There are no harmful environmental conditions that are present for this position. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the essential functions, responsibilities and/or requirements.
TO APPLY: SUBMIT COVER LETTER, RESUME, SALARY HISTORY AND THREE REFERENCES TO THE ATTENTION OF JEN MARSH @ HTTPS://RAINN.APPLICANTPRO.COM/JOBS/. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.