· The Technical Writer/Business Analyst role works collaboratively with a vast array of technical staff including but not limited to, developers, business analyst, project managers, and system analysts.
· This position is a problem solver with excellent people skills who will write easy-to-understand user guides, technical documents and manage several levels of administrative functions as well.
· Writes and edits complex technical documentation, including user manuals, installation instructions, technical documents, and other technical publications from document plans and style guides.
· BS in Business or Computer Science with a minimum of 0-2 years of experience with business operations or systems development or the equivalent combination of education and experience
· Demonstrate excellent writing and communication skills. Understands and applies good editing skills, including how to self-edit documents for organization, clarity, consistency, grammar, spelling, and presentation
· Demonstrates ability to prioritize and coordinate work within approved plan, and maintains assignments without direction.
· Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts by analyzing existing documentation and engineering specs.
· Must be able to work independently and as part of the Technical team.
· Experienced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
· Familiarity with standards and best practices for developing documentation and for several audiences is essential.
· Familiarity with the Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications is required.
· English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
· Writing - Communicating effectively to users and the ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
· Must possess professional drive and willingness to seek or invent creative documentation solutions where a clear roadmap or templates may not exist
· Requires excellent communication, analytical, facilitation and negotiation skills, and Data Process
· Strong understanding of the software development life cycle
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
· Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a minimum of direction and accountability
· Proven experience communicating appropriately and efficiently across all management levels
· 0-2 years of experience in managing a wide variety of Information Technology projects, including experience in directing technical staff, team members and vendors.