Our client is looking for a Technical Editor/ Scribe to assist the delivery lead in preparing complex written technical deliverables and to take minutes during various types of design, development, and reports meetings. Candidate will use Microsoft Office products. Under general supervision, the selected candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
· Interface with subject matter experts to create and manage document edits from conception to production.
· Ensure the delivery lead(s) are aware of any project difficulties and schedule changes in a timely manner.
· Ensure consistent style usage and document design, both within and between documents, through the use of style guidelines and document templates.
· Real time transcription of technical conversations conducted during meetings.
· Interface with meeting participants and ask questions where information is not clear.
· Prepare minutes of design, development and report meetings.
· Communicate with subject matter experts to obtain necessary information.
Job Skills required:
To be selected, a candidate must demonstrate skill in the following areas:
· Intermediate to Expert skill with Microsoft Office 2007 including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio. Proficiency in Microsoft Word should include the ability to: create and apply styles; and work with headers, footers, section breaks, change tracking, document comparison and version control.
· Intermediate to Expert skill working with Adobe Acrobat. Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat should include the ability to: add and edit text; work with headers and footers; and modify pages (extract/ insert) from other files.
· Ability to express complex technical concepts in easily understood language.
· Ability to apply accurate language usage and an attention to detail in the development, editing and proofreading of multiple technical and business oriented documents and written deliverables such as requirements specification documents, design documents, implementation plans, procedure documents, user guides and manuals, and system administrator guides.
· Commitment to quality in spelling, grammar, formatting, accuracy and content.
· Excellent proofreading skills.
· Ability to work independently and manage priorities.
· Ability to accurately estimate the time necessary to complete an assignment while ensuring the necessary level of quality.
· Excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills.
· Must have experience preparing minutes of technical design, development and report meetings.
· Must think logically and have the ability to draw conclusions from available information.
These Job Skills will be a plus:
· Experience with Medicaid and/or Health care is desired.
· Editing and maintaining documentation to support large-scale, enterprise-level systems
· Three (3) years minimum of technical writing experience
· Previous experience using SharePoint
*Writing samples may be requested at the time of interview.