The individual in this position is responsible for software development and support functions including, but not limited to, the designing, programming, debugging, testing, maintaining, and documenting of computer software components and products, as well as other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Designing, programming, testing, maintaining, and documenting of computer software components and products.
- Setup and install analytical instrument hardware and software.
- Maintain the development laboratory equipment
- Support training in the use of software products
- Assist in the training of new department personnel in our software development procedures
Incumbent must be proficient at effectively and efficiently programming and debugging software for the Microsoft Windows environment using current techniques. This position works with hardware and requires the incumbent to learn the operations and proper functioning of the hardware, and follow an efficient process to determine if a defect is hardware or software related.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
A bachelors degree in Computer Science with 2 to 6 years of career C# and .NET programming. C++, COM, MFC, visual basic, and InstallShield a plus.