Senior DoD Acquisition Program Analyst
Senior DoD Acquisition Program Analyst
Alternate Job Title: Senior Operations Analyst, Strategic Deterrent Programs (SMEIII)
Help the US Navy improve acquisition & procurement processes for Strategic Deterrent Programs!
We seek a Senior Operations/Program Analyst with in-depth Subject Matter Expert (SME III) knowledge of DoD Acquisition Program Planning and Execution for help supporting the nation's sea based deterrent missile systems.
This position will be located at/near the Washington Navy Yard in Washington, DC (20374), supporting the nation's strategic deterrent missile system and other undersea warfare systems.
Relocation assistance is available for uniquely qualified candidates.
The team you will be part of performs analysis, and provides tools and decision support for acquisition customers, to improve the planning and execution of a broad portfolio of strategic deterrent programs. These efforts will involve all acquisition life-cycle phases and support program performance improvements at all levels, including task order, contract, program, and portfolio management.
Our team supports the clients senior leadership and decision makers, conducting in depth analysis and assessment of identified program objectives, the acquisition environment, supplier networks, program and portfolio performance measurement systems and measurement frameworks, and visualization and reporting mechanisms. The team supports assessments of program acquisition workforce development to identify gaps and recommend training requirements.
This work includes specific support in the areas of strategic inquiry & analysis, data collection & management, performance measurement frameworks, supplier insight, analysis & management, integrated project management, earned value management, communication, and strategic implementation support for identified programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This SME will focus on the analysis of Program Performance in support of pre-acquisition, acquisition, production, and sustainment of identified programs, including data-driven identification of cost, schedule, and technical performance variables. This will specifically include assessment of, and recommended process improvement support services for the following elements:
1. Perform business assessments and provide decisional / actionable analysis of appropriate industry prime contractors, their interdependencies, and trends.
2. Identify strategic leverage points useful for achieving improved program and portfolio cost and schedule performance across specific contracts, programs, and portfolios of programs.
3. Develop and demonstrate portfolio data collection and analysis techniques aggregating multiple cost, schedule, and technical data sources.
4. Provide data quality management to identify the significant and accurate data points and perform accurate research and analysis, develop and demonstrate actionable conclusions and action plans and milestones for program improvement relative to existing program cost, schedule, and technical performance.
5. Develop processes and management metrics to effectively monitor the improvement of program cost and schedule performance applying statistical process control techniques.
6. Perform acquisition related assessments for pre-acquisition, acquisition and sustainment of identified programs and portfolios to include: trade-off analysis, make / buy decisions, and cost, schedule, & technical risk assessments.
7. Support leadership in establishing operating rhythms, business processes, and process management and controls required to integrate and achieve efficiencies across identified efforts.
1. Degree in Business, Management, Engineering, or other quantitative field, or fifteen years of directly related experience may be substituted for a BS or BA degree.
2. Eight (8+) years of hands-on experience in supporting some combination of pre-acquisition, acquisition, production, and/or sustainment of large DoD programs;
3. Eight (8+) years experience with engineering management, new product development, quality management, manufacturing operations and supply chain management, contracts / procurement, business financial analysis, supplier analysis, process improvement and performance management.
4. At least five (5) years of specialized experience with either private or public sector based planning, coordination, or management of the resources supporting an ACAT weapons system, or other similarly designated program.
5. At least five (5) years experience as direct or indirect liaison with other SME's supporting strategic planning, facilitation, industrial engineering, supplier and/or operations management.
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including a proven ability to deliver effective presentations, white papers, and analytical presentations.
7. An active secret clearance is required;
Additional Helpful Skills:
1. Familiarity with the program lifecycle for major defense programs
2. Experience supporting ACAT level 1 and/or 2 programs;
3. Experience working for or closely with manufacturers or large program integrators for shipbuilding or Aerospace programs of record.
4. Working experience with and/or knowledge of, the US Strategic Deterrence triad, the Trident Supplier Network or other undersea strategic warfare systems.
5. Working experience with hypothesis testing, causal flow / interrelationship analysis, and inductive / deductive reasoning methods
6. Certified Lean / Six Sigma Master Black Belt
7. Project Management Institute PMP certification
8. Game theorist, scenario builder / developer, scenario planner / wargamer
9. Econometrician, or working knowledge of econometrics in defense applications
Please apply to Job Number 140031DC : Senior DoD Acquisition Program Analyst, via: http://www.omnitecinc.com/Careers/CurrentOpenings.aspx, and follow the prompts. Please use Chrome or Safari for best results when navigating our jobs portal. If you have access issues, you can also use the InDeed link provided.
OMNITEC Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmation Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.