Administrative, Learning Logis/Customer Servi
United Way Worldwide envisions a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives. United Way advances the common good by recruiting people and organizations who bring the passion, expertise and resources needed to get things done. United Way's global mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities to advance the common good. We invite you to be a part of the change to Live United.
This position is part of United Way Worldwides Learning and Conferencing Team and is responsible for ensuring that our customers have great experiences, and come back for more. You will play a key role in helping potential customers identify appropriate products for their needs, getting them signed up to participate, and ensuring a seamless delivery of the product (in-person training, eLearning, event, etc.). The primary workflows are pre-sales, logistics, production, and customer service for our learning opportunities (including in person and distance learning). (Position also called internally Lead Associate, Learning Logistics & Customer Service).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
· Provide an exceptional customer sales and service experience, including the handling of customer requests and communications about learning products. This includes pre-sales, course confirmations, evaluations, scheduling of learning consultations and logistical support.
· Support sales, business development and learning management by scheduling of curriculum calls and providing basic consultation for courses.
· Logistics support, including the scheduling of the courses; faculty recruitment; room set-up; ordering F&B; materials support; providing speaker needs; liaison with host cities, etc.
· Production and delivery of learning experiences and materials including workbooks, multimedia presentations, webinars, etc. in accordance with brand guidelines.
· Annual conference support, including possible travel to site.
· Provide administrative support as needed.
· Obtain CFRE, HRCI, and CPE Certifications.
· Webinar scheduling, studio production support and tracking.
· Provide support for the Mary M. Gates Learning Center.
· Other duties as assigned.
United Way Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities strongly encouraged to apply. If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted. Thank you.
Minimum requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent. College degree or four to six years of intermediate-level experience in a similar role strongly preferred. Demonstrated proficiency in standard computer applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) with high level of accuracy resulting in production of error-free copy. Familiarity with advanced Excel features, including the use of formulas, formatting and filtering. Demonstrated ability to use Excel as a daily tracking and reporting tool. Experience in Adobe Acrobat, Sales Force and other software applications strongly preferred. Demonstrated ability to to work in a fast-paced environment exercising initiative and flexibility in carrying out assignments. Demonstrated communication skills and customer service with the ability to exercise tact and good judgement. Possess professional demeanor, high level of integrity, and personal values that are consistent with United Way Worldwides mission. Technical background and database management knowledge is important.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA and we offer free parking and competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, 403b plan, paid time off, family sick leave and more. Thank you.