Teaching Strategies is a dynamic early childhood education company that provides the most innovative and effective curriculum, assessment, professional development, and family connection resources to programs serving children from birth through kindergarten. With ground-breaking solutions and a strong belief that the most powerful way to impact child outcomes is to improve teacher effectiveness, Teaching Strategies has been supporting the critical work of early childhood educators for over 25 years
Working closely with the Accounting team, the Accounting Specialist is responsible for assisting in the monthly financial close process including but not limited to general journal entry preparation, account reconciliation, variance analysis, and subsidiary financial reporting. This position will also be responsible for the Inventory Control process and supports the Controller and CFO with special projects as needed. This is an ideal situation for someone who's seeking to expand their skill sets and enhance their professional growth.
1. Specific responsibilities:
- Monthly reconciliation of selected Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts.
- Account schedule maintenance and preparation of month end journal entries and accruals.
- Variance analysis reporting (i.e. budget versus actual) of assigned Operating accounts.
- Manage the Inventory Control process: inventory maintenance in accounting system, inventory reporting and detailed analysis of merchandise performance.
- Analyze inventory quantity and price variances and make necessary adjustments in accounting system.
- Responsible for the RTV (Return to Vendor) process, including item documentation - tracking, adjusting, and destroying.
- Monthly COGS analysis and reporting of results.
- Royalties, commissions and sales bonuses calculation and preparation of payment vouchers.
- Prepare and maintain schedules for the monthly management financial package.
- Additional duties as required or the need arises.
· Bachelors degree, preferably in accounting, business management, or related field.
· 3+ years of working Accounting experience in a professional environment is required.
· Strong proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite; Excel proficiency required
· Demonstrated ability to analyze vast amounts of data and prepare summary reports
· Strong verbal and written communication skills; must be customer service oriented; strong attention to detail required
· Prior experience working with Sage MAS90 and Crystal reports a plus.
Essential Job Functions:
· Ability to frequently answer the telephone and communicate verbally
· Ability to frequently read and understand text via computer and mobile device
· Ability to frequently sit for extended periods of time based on the task
· Ability to frequently manipulate computer keyboard, mouse, and mobile device
· Ability to travel 1-2 times annually to distribution warehouse via air, train, bus or automobile.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT: http://teachingstrategies.iapplicants.com/searchjobs.php
This position description is a summary of the most pertinent responsibilities. It is not intended to be inclusive all responsibilities. All employees may be required to perform other appropriate duties as assigned by management.
Teaching Strategies, LLC is an equal opportunity employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individual with Disabilities.