Sr Landscape Architect/Planner - Team Leader
Senior Landscape Architect / Planner Team Leader
The Team Leader - Senior Landscape Architect / Planner position requires a high level of technical expertise including the preparation of entitlement documents, concept plans, site plans, landscape plans and other permit documents. There will be a significant amount of close interaction with multi-discipline design teams and client contact, including business development. Additional responsibilities include:
· Leadership and mentoring of the landscape architecture and planning team.
· Knowledge of local zoning ordinances and subdivision ordinances
· Experience with Entitlement documents and public hearings
· Experience producing comprehensive feasibility studies
· Review of Natural Resource Inventory (NRI) and Forest Stand Delineation (FSD) plans with an understanding of relative ordinances and practices.
· Preparation of construction documents, specifications, reports and coordination of work with other design disciplines.
· Bachelors degree in Landscape Architecture or Planning
· Experience and familiarity with Montgomery County, MD and surrounding jurisdictions.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor staff
· Demonstrated success in business development is desirable.
· 10 + years experience including entitlement work
· Appropriate professional registration / certification is required
· CADD literate (Microstation or AutoCAD)
We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package including health and dental, 401k, and a family friendly work environment. SOLTESZ has been a ten-time recipient of the Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval Award, recognized by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence. Please submit resume with letter of interest and include salary expectations.
SOLTESZ has a commitment to excellence that begins with employing talented, energetic, and client focused professionals. SOLTESZ is a successful land development engineering firm in the Washington DC metro area specializing in the areas of civil engineering, landscape architecture, planning, environmental science and surveying. We work with both private and public clients on a variety of projects.