The City of Takoma Park is seeking a Construction Manager to oversee construction projects to include sidewalks, traffic calming installations, street repairs, stormwater management facilities, as well as facility space renovation. Additionally, the position will oversee the administration of permits for work in the right of way.
· Prepare RFPs for projects, review responses, recommend vendors, develop contract and oversee work of contractors
· Identify engineering firms and contractors that the City may want to use
· Work with engineering firms to develop construction plans for projects
· Review invoicing, approve payment, track expenditures
· Assist with development of annual work schedule and budget for construction projects
· Coordinate public notice efforts through use of flyers, information on website, newsletters, list serves, etc.
· Coordinate meetings with affected residents to review construction plans.
· Identify and prepare grant requests when available
· Produce regular reports on schedule, list of completed projects, and any other measurement requested
· Log receipt of permit application, and produce final permit once approved by others
· Track progress of utility work in the City and work to resolve any problems or permit violations
· Bachelors degree in Construction Management or Engineering; and,
· Two (2) to five (5) years of progressively responsible related experience; or
· Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job
· Valid Drivers License
· Knowledge in construction best practices, principles of design, reading schematics and use of surveying equipment
· Certification in construction methods
The City offer an excellent benefits package to include State retirement plan; medical, dental and life insurance; long-term disability; employee assistance program; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; and other supplemental programs.